Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual leave for Christmas 2019

Options
  • 18-05-2019 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to work out my annual leave for the remainder of the year but I’m unsure how many days need to be kept for Christmas. I think it could be 5 days this year the way it’s falling.
    Has anyone worked it out roughly, I know there are variables for everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Gael23 wrote: »
    Trying to work out my annual leave for the remainder of the year but I’m unsure how many days need to be kept for Christmas. I think it could be 5 days this year the way it’s falling.
    Has anyone worked it out roughly, I know there are variables for everyone.

Hi, we've told our staff it's 4 days, they need to keep back,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

5 days is correct, 23rd, 24th, 27th , 30th and 31st. Assuming your workplace honours Christmas day, Stephen's day and new years, Or doesn't expect you to work the 23rd or 24th.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think youll need to take at least 3 days for Friday 27th, Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st.

Mon 23rd Dec - regular day, take it if you have a spare day
    Tue 24th Dec - depends on your company, may be given off or need an annual leave day
    Wed 25th Dec - public holiday
    Thu 26th Dec - public holiday
    Fri 27th Dec - annual leave day
    Sat 28th Dec - weekend
    Sun 29th Dec - weekend
    Mon 30th Dec - annual leave day
    Tue 31st Dec - annual leave day
    Wed 1st Jan - public holiday
    Thu 2nd Jan - back to work (or another annual leave day)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Gru wrote: »
    5 days is correct, 23rd, 24th, 27th , 30th and 31st. Assuming your workplace honours Christmas day, Stephen's day and new years, Or doesn't expect you to work the 23rd or 24th.

Times like this I’m delighted not to have to take my A/L in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Times like this I’m delighted not to have to take my A/L in December.

It is a sizable chunk but a nice break all the same. I'm fortunate to have a good annual leave allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’ll probably work the 23rd or work from home if I can. So 4 days then really.

Advertisement