Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Rescue

Options
  • 18-05-2019 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

A few years ago our beautiful Jack Russell was diagnosed with diabetes, she was 14 years old but was in great health. We did everything the vet advised including buying plenty of insulin syringes for her.

Sadly, she passed away suddenly soon after we bought them, it knocked us all for a long time.

This evening I was doing a clear out and I found a box of 100 unopened insulin syringes that we had bought for her, there are also a few more the vet had given us while we waited for the order to arrive.

Needless to say, it kicked off a lot of sad memories but having re-found them, I'd no idea what to do with them.

My first thought was a local rescue but the only one I could find in my area seemed to be more about fostering so that didn't seem like a good fit.

Then I thought about giving them to the vet but I was unsure about this one.

Then I thought I wonder is there anyone on here who could make good use of them.

I got in touch with the mods and explained the situation, the mods have given a green light, they're happy for me to post here and think it's a lovely way to remember our pet.

If there's anyone here who is involved with a rescue who thinks the rescue could make use of the syringes, I'd be happy to donate them.

They are empty syringes and the description on the box of 100 is:

0.5ml U40 Insulin Syringes come complete with a 29G x 1/2" (0.33 x 12mm) bevel needle tip.

With clear graduation marks for the complete quantity and accurate dosage administration, the syringes have been made out of a durable clear plastic with a latex free piston.

The non-toxic, non-pyrogenic syringes should only be used with U40 insulin and should be destroyed after a single use.

The 0.5ml syringes allow 20 units max and have clear graduations for each 1/2 unit of 0.0125ml.

There's also a few loose ones too.

If it's okay, I'll give it a week to give a chance for people to see the post and hope the syringes can go to where they will be needed most!

I’m in Meath but happy to meet in Dublin too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

would the SPCA be able to help you find where these can be well used? Just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Most of the smaller, local rescues are foster based, so I wouldn't let that put you off, there are diabetic dogs in foster care. Contact them anyway and see what they say.

Advertisement