Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 17-05-2019 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Reckon Rio Ronaldo is huge value in the last at Newmarket tomorrow. This horse usually needs a run at the start of the season to shake the cobwebs off. I don't think this fella disgraced himself at all on first run given how badly he started and I think off a handicap mark of 81 and priced up as an outsider at 16/1 it is definitely worth a punt consider the horse has favoured trip and ground.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I Can Fly in the Lockinge Stakes is one that I think will go close. Has one of the best bits of form in the race running a very close 2nd to Roaring Lion at Ascot last year.

Very competitive race with only 2lbs between the whole field on official ratings.

18/1 ew worth a go.

Lady Of Shalott will win the 7:05 Doncaster providing its fairly fit having not ran for 200 days.

Drops into a weak class 3 contest here having ran respectively in its previous couple of outings (one of which was won by Rawdaa who almost beat Lah ti Dar on Thursday)

This horse was running in Group 2 company 3 starts ago and I know David Simcock said last year they think highly of her.

Good to firm tomorrow over 1m2f is ideal and I think Jamie Spencer will get this daughter of camelot home.

5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Lady Of Shalott will win the 7:05 Doncaster providing its fairly fit having not ran for 200 days.

Drops into a weak class 3 contest here having ran respectively in its previous couple of outings (one of which was won by Rawdaa who almost beat Lah ti Dar on Thursday)

This horse was running in Group 2 company 3 starts ago and I know David Simcock said last year they think highly of her.

Good to firm tomorrow over 1m2f is ideal and I think Jamie Spencer will get this daughter of camelot home.

5/1

Lady bergamot has the beating of her from course and distance run last season, no reason on why the form will be overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Any love for benie at 7/2 today ??

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I think Laurens is the class act in a mediocre Lockinge. It was too soft in the QEII last time and today's ground is more suitable for her. 4/1 looks tasty enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I think Laurens is the class act in a mediocre Lockinge. It was too soft in the QEII last time and today's ground is more suitable for her. 4/1 looks tasty enough.

5s now. Very fair. Looks extremely solid in a poor race.

Would prefer faster ground, and being outstayed is a worry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

akelly02 wrote: »
    Any love for benie at 7/2 today ??

Not a bad price. I actually thought Mr Adjudicator at 33's was a nice price. He is not a pig, he is only five. If you take the angle that he has been on the easy gallop since the Triumph last year and that he will enjoy the step up in trip the 33's could be big enough. Small ew for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Should probably give up on backing Brokopondo but have gone in again today in the 4.40 at Navan, extremely well in on best historic form and Tom Madden claim can only help. Fav is very short but not sure what it really achieved last time and 25s looked decent EW value to run into a place at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Dying with flu but been waiting on a few horses to run that I can't pass up on.

1.40 Bangor, Purple King. 5/4 is a seriously good price I think for this horse. Again I think this horse is a penalty kick. Been backing it the past hour or so.

2.05 Newmarket, Raise You. Another horse I think will scoot in. Bits of 6/5 left or 11/10 and again I think the price is pretty nice.

2.25 Newbury. Crystal Ocean. Pity about the short price. Around 1/3 on the exchange but basically free money. Profits made on the first 2 will be invested heavily on this.

2.30 Navan, Royal Court. Around 5/4. Again, to me the price is pretty big in a woeful race. I'll be surprised if this horse doesn't bolt in.

2.40 Newmarket, Jash. Around 10/11. Looks a 2 horse race and can't see this getting beat.

4.25 Newmarket, Spanish City, First lay of the day, around 3.0 on the exchange. I'll say it'll start a lot bigger as the day progresses. Just can't see it getting home in front today.

I'll be surprised if serious profits are not made today. Good luck to anyone betting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

You’ve been waiting on a few horses to run, 5 of which run today and all are near even money shots, is your tracker full of tens of thousands of horses Irish goat?!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

SonOfGoat wrote: »

1.40 Bangor, Purple King. 5/4 is a seriously good price I think for this horse. Again I think this horse is a penalty kick. Been backing it the past hour or so.

2.05 Newmarket, Raise You. Another horse I think will scoot in. Bits of 6/5 left or 11/10 and again I think the price is pretty nice.

2.25 Newbury. Crystal Ocean. Pity about the short price. Around 1/3 on the exchange but basically free money. Profits made on the first 2 will be invested heavily on this.

2.30 Navan, Royal Court. Around 5/4. Again, to me the price is pretty big in a woeful race. I'll be surprised if this horse doesn't bolt in.

2.40 Newmarket, Jash. Around 10/11. Looks a 2 horse race and can't see this getting beat.

4.25 Newmarket, Spanish City, First lay of the day, around 3.0 on the exchange. I'll say it'll start a lot bigger as the day progresses. Just can't see it getting home in front today.

I'll be surprised if serious profits are not made today. Good luck to anyone betting!

Do you not see the irony here.

Waiting for horses I can’t pass up then bang here they are all the one day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

SonOfGoat wrote: »

Meant to say there how did that but if Info in Southfield Vic do?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Best ignored the aul goat.either a Messer or has issues

Going to give lake Volta another go in an easier race at Thirsk today 7/2, also only spoofing for Jed o keefe in the next at Navan haven’t seen him have many runners in Ireland 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Bailly 13/2 1.50 Navan
    Lyons has won this race for the past 4 years and will find this easier than opening run of the season.

Smokey Lane 12/1 4 places 2.45 thirsk
    Trainer has a 40% strike rate last 14 days. Horse has plummeted in the ratings but ran much better lto.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Laurens is my favorite horse in training and 5s has to be huge today. She's a 5 time G1 winner and I think she's the class act in this field

Laurens is my favorite horse in training and 5s has to be huge today. She's a 5 time G1 winner and I think she's the class act in this field

Got 11/2 4 places hopefully she’s fit enough first time out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I’m on the I can fly bandwagon, but no way I could resist Acvidental Agent ew 4 places at 50/1 . Nothing between any of these if they are ready

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Hon benie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

What a weirdly run race. Mon BDD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Lovely sad face on that French muppet who taunted willie to come over and take on his superstar ..in fairness she’s miles clear .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

No attempt by Moore to put la Brivado in the race in the Lochinge.
    Pure schooling race for him and pulls it out wide across the track while the rest of them went forward with their race.

let him run on at the end to see how got it in this fact finding mission.

Icanfly was the only Ballydoyle horse that would have had a chance in that race before the off

Going to have a go at Tathmeen in the 8:05 at Doncaster, it’s last race is working out quite well with the 2 immediately behind him both going in since. Step back up to 6f should suit and the handicaper has dropped him another 2lbs he’s on a very good turf mark compared to his original rating two years ago of 85 or so 14 /1 - 4 places on offer, trainers sole runner tonight, jockey comes from Thirsk to ride a 250/1 shot and this only GL

7.05 Doncaster, Black Lotus around 3.55, max win bet for me.

I'm done.

Johnny Reb there at Doncaster

8/15 last night, drifts before the off all the way out to 7/2 and looks like the jockey was under instruction not to win.

And people wonder why this sport struggles to attract a younger audience.

Didn't back it myself as I don't back horses that drift but I hate when connections get away with it

Johnny Reb there at Doncaster

8/15 last night, drifts before the off all the way out to 7/2 and looks like the jockey was under instruction not to win.

And people wonder why this sport struggles to attract a younger audience.

Didn't back it myself as I don't back horses that drift but I hate when connections get away with it

That's the way it is, racing is corrupt from the core. The thing is, in a particular race, you don't know if it's the bookies that's on the fiddle, most of the time it is them. They are known to price a horse short and then lay it on the exchange. Then you have the big bookies manipulating prices on the exchange. These day's it's hard to make racing pay unless you have a bit of inside info.

The next race at uttoxeter the 8.20 is an example. Horse getting hammered it from around 2.75 to 2.2 Hard to tell if it's genuine money or bookmakers.
    I wasn't going to have a play in the race but I had the horse priced up at around 3/1 this morning so I will have a play and lay Cool Destination. To me I can't bet in a race unless I price it up and see some value in it. But yes racing is a tough game to make it pay.

Great to have the crazed ramblings of the deluded nutcase back, I must say.

Great to have the crazed ramblings of the deluded nutcase back, I must say.

You're some mug you are. Why are you in denial that racing is rancid? Why not just open your eyes and see? It goes on everyday.

You're some mug you are. Why are you in denial that racing is rancid? Why not just open your eyes and see? It goes on everyday.
    A guy who doesn't back horses that drift calling me a mug, is this performance art?
    Of course it's not a completely straight game, nothing in life is, the market will always know more than you do but that does not mean it's "rancid", learn to live with it and account for it as best you can.
    Why bother with racing if it's as rancid as you claim? Surely there's better things to do with your time? People who continually bang on about how bent racing is yet day after day bet on it are totally insane in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Stop backing horses. It’s not for you. When you lose, which seems to be most of the time, you come out screaming like a mong.
    I’m actually trying to give you some good advice here.

Advertisement