Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RigPi ( Control Your Ham Radio From Anywhere )

Options
  • 17-05-2019 10:25pm

http://rigpi.net/

Uses a Raspberry pi.

Very cool, good solution for a lot of people, I could use it on night shift and make some cool contacts in the early hours of the Morning ! :D

MFJ will be selling them , probably hard to get in the early days.

Uses a browser software so you can use any device. I could just imagine in work using my home station ! ( here's hoping I pass the exam ) ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Yes, I saw it on a YT video taken at Dayton Hamvention. I see there's even a cable for Chinese handhelds using a 'Kenwood' connector. Nifty idea but is it a bit too pricey?

€265 approx ($299.99)

humaxf1 wrote: »
    Yes, I saw it on a YT video taken at Dayton Hamvention. I see there's even a cable for Chinese handhelds using a 'Kenwood' connector. Nifty idea but is it a bit too pricey?

€265 approx ($299.99)

Most HAM gear is expensive but it's a great way to get on the air while travelling or for me who works shift, I could contact that Great QSO at 3 am, for instance, there was a station in Cuba calling CW a couple of months ago around 4 am and I could hear him on my sdr but no one answered, if I had this remote setup I could make some pretty good QSO at night.

Yes it's expensive particularly when you add VAT but for people like me it could be money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭micko45

How would that work, what would your call sign be?
    I always understood remote operation was not allowed in ireland.

micko45 wrote: »
    How would that work, what would your call sign be?
    I always understood remote operation was not allowed in ireland.

I'd imagine it would be the same because the station is at the registered address.

I never heard remote operation was illegal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭micko45

i remember they were talking about it on the ICQ Amateur podcast and legally it was not clear. They had to adjust the uk rules to allow it. For Ireland i only see one reference to remote operation on the guidelines. This is under under licences for automatic stations,

Amateur Stations that do not fall under the above headings, such as remote operation, can still be applied for once all the relevant technical parameters, interconnects between other Amateur Stations etc. are outlined to ComReg

• Advertisement

micko45 wrote: »
    i remember they were talking about it on the ICQ Amateur podcast and legally it was not clear. They had to adjust the uk rules to allow it. For Ireland i only see one reference to remote operation on the guidelines. This is under under licences for automatic stations,

Amateur Stations that do not fall under the above headings, such as remote operation, can still be applied for once all the relevant technical parameters, interconnects between other Amateur Stations etc. are outlined to ComReg

There's nothing to say it's not allowed, your quote above if I remember correctly was in relation to remote operation of more than 1 station ? this wouldn't apply for home station.

As far as callsign would go then technically it's the same as it's at the registered address.

Is there a change to callsign for UK Hams ? stroke remote ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DaveColt

Thanks for the link!

Advertisement