Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect Pay

Options
  • 17-05-2019 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

A little over a month ago I changed jobs.

The payroll person in my previous job had always been fairly 'inconsistant', as in our take home pay would often be different from month to month (usually by only 10 or 20 euro). However the gross amount would always be the same. I don't know what the problem was and it was raised on an almost monthly basis with her without resolution.

At the end of last month (i was owed for 2 weeks pay as I finished in the middle of the month) I received a completely random amount of money into my account from the company. It took over 2 weeks of chasing with many ignored emails and calls to get my payslip. When I eventually did get it, I realised that the tax I payed was just a few euro short of my net pay. I'm not even in the high tax bracket.

Does anyone know how I can get this resolved? Any help much appreciated.
    She is currently not responding to my calls or emails and I don't think shes going to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Can you contact her manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭who what when

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Can you contact her manager?

It's only a very small office and she's married to the boss.
    And to be honest I don't think she would be able sort it even if she wanted to.
    I suppose I'm looking for possible ways to rectify this without relying on them to help.
    Is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Without seeing your payslip, I would guess that your entire tax credit for the month was applied to your payment, rather than just the period you worked for. So in your next role you wont have any credits available for that month and it should even out.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭who what when

kcdiom wrote: »
    Without seeing your payslip, I would guess that your entire tax credit for the month was applied to your payment, rather than just the period you worked for. So in your next role you wont have any credits available for that month and it should even out.

That makes sense. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I suppose I'm looking for possible ways to rectify this without relying on them to help.
    Is that possible?

Perhaps go into the office and talk to her face to face?

Keep showing up until they pay you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mogilvie

Hi,
    There are several ways this may have occurred.
    1) Might be a genuine mistake.
    2) You might have been taxed incorrectly in your prior payslips, and upon leaving, your previous employer tried to 'tidy' things up.
    3) If all of your tax credits and IT/USC cut off points have been assigned to your new job, then your previous employers late pay run might not have any credits to available to assign. Resulting in high tax being deducted.

You can log into your myAccount and see your exact payroll submissions in Revenue. This will also tell you what taxes were applied, and for what taxable income.

The good news is that any over payment of IT or USC from your previous employer will be refunded to you in your new employment as soon as you go to cumulative tax basis. You're probably on Week1 initially, so try and get that changed with Revenue as soon as you can.

Regards,
    Mark Ogilvie
    Parolla

Advertisement