Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knife laws in ireland

Options
  • 15-05-2019 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I know you can't carry and knife without good reason in Ireland but what I am wondering is can you own them and keep them in your own private residence. I am wondering about collecting knives such as balisongs and automatic knives but not carrying them outside of my house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Jamesc123 wrote: »
    I know you can't carry and knife without good reason in Ireland but what I am wondering is can you own them and keep them in your own private residence. I am wondering about collecting knives but not carrying them outside of my house

Hey, you're new here. Welcome. I suggest you ask a Moderator to move your post to a more appropriate thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Thanks OP, I just bought 5 knives

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Jamesc123 wrote: »
    I know you can't carry and knife without good reason in Ireland but what I am wondering is can you own them and keep them in your own private residence. I am wondering about collecting knives such as balisongs and automatic knives but not carrying them outside of my house

They are illegal to own. If caught by customs they will be destroyed, if caught by the Gardai you will be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jamesc123

Del2005 wrote: »
    They are illegal to own. If caught by customs they will be destroyed, if caught by the Gardai you will be in trouble.

Thanks that clears it up I was originally confused because laws put a lot of emphasis on legality of carrying it more so than owning it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement