Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For sale: hand built WheelSmith 50mm deep section carbon / alloy wheels

Options
  • 15-05-2019 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Due to a sale falling through elsewhere on here, am listing these wheels separately.

For sale are a pair of hand-built WheelSmith 50mm clincher deep section carbon / alloy wheels with Zipp decals (decals can be removed if preferred). Cost over €1k new and still in great condition (I’ve put new bearings in too to be safe).

Includes Continental Grand Prix 4000S II tyres on both and a Shimano cassette with very little use.

I was offered €600 elsewhere which I accepted. It was below what I was hoping for, but in the interests of fairness I will accept that again, but not lower.

Can meet in Dublin / Meath.

Feel free to ask any questions, or if you’d like to see them beforehand that’s no problem either.

If you'd like to see more pictures with the wheels on the bike, see here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110100024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭dom_1000

Was wondering what weight are the wheels without tyres an d cassette?

Also how many km on the rims.?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Welshkev

dom_1000 wrote: »
    Was wondering what weight are the wheels without tyres an d cassette?

Also how many km on the rims.?

Weight wise unfortunately I don't have adequate scales to weight them accurately, but I can check directly with WheelSmith if you'd like - at the time they told me "they are almost 250g lighter than Shimano RS80's" I was also looking at too, so that will give you a rough idea (Chain Reaction quote the Shimano's at 1521 grams per pair). Suffice to say they are very light. I have a pair of Zipp 302's and these are lighter than the Zipp's, and certainly lighter than the Mavic Krysium Elite's which originally came on the bike.

As for KM's on them, not a huge amount. There's certainly plenty of life left in them anyway. I've had them 3/4 years, and the first couple of years they were only used in A4 races (never crashed or anything). If you'd like closeup photos of the rims just let me know, or if you're fairly local and would like to check them out that's no bother either.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭dom_1000

Might be better if I inspect them, where are you based? Or what part of Dublin are you in?

dom_1000 wrote: »
    Might be better if I inspect them, where are you based? Or what part of Dublin are you in?

No worries - I’m in Dunshaughlin so can meet around that area / towards Blanchardstown if that works for you?

Any interest before I list elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Is there a weight limit on these?

Borderfox wrote: »
    Is there a weight limit on these?

90kg apparently

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Bike included Id be over that, thanks anyway. GLWS

Please close mods, listed elsewhere now.

Advertisement