Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a surplus of electronic engineers?

Options
  • 14-05-2019 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭

I got a degree in this in college but always struggled to find work with it. Ended up doing IT support for years because it was easier to get into only recently I got a job that has anything to do with electronics but it would be nice to get into the design and programming side of things. Yet it seems there are very few such jobs out there in Ireland especially outside of Dublin

What would be the best way of sneaking into one of those jobs? Am I facing stiff competition?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

I got a degree in this in college but always struggled to find work with it. Ended up doing IT support for years because it was easier to get into only recently I got a job that has anything to do with electronics but it would be nice to get into the design and programming side of things. Yet it seems there are very few such jobs out there in Ireland especially outside of Dublin

What would be the best way of sneaking into one of those jobs? Am I facing stiff competition?

You're another victim of the STEM hype unfortunately.

Try and progress in the IT side might be better for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

it would be nice to get into the design and programming side of things.

Can you show us some recent design and programming projects you've done?

Advertisement