Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sun cream do you guys use?

Options
  • 14-05-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Now that the sun is high in the sky again, Im just wondering what sun cream you guys use?.
    Im currently using banana boat Factor 50 spray, that I got abroad, but cant seem to find it here.
    I find it great as its a real light mist and not oily
    I running out quickly though, so looking to find an alternative

I sweat a lot so rubbing in cream is not an option for me.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'd apply normal cream before I go out, so I can wash my hands but then when on the course I have this this stuff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Piz Buin Factor 30
    Calypso Factor 40

Both once a day (lasts up to 8hours) and I put on before leaving the house and they do not come off with sweat.
    If you are putting on just before a round then it's too late.

I try to play two rounds a day and never been burnt after using either of those two products, but usually put a cap on getting close to the 7/8hr mark.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The aerosol version of this - https://www.boots.ie/la-roche-posay-anthelios-sun-cream-body-spray-spf-30-200ml-10105294

Easy to apply, not greasy and provides great protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

whatever is left over from the holidays generally gets thrown in the bag. probably just general nivea or piz buin or whatever is getting sold at a good price as they all do the same job. I normally just get about factor 10 and it does the trick for me
    usually put it on before heading out so no messy hands, but also have a towel and a splash of water handy if I need to apply some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Use this Coppertone Sport Spray: https://www.coppertone.com/products/sport/spray/sport/

Factor 50. Very good stuff. Currently living in California so go through quite a bit of it (it lasts well though). Keep one in the bag at all times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

ULTRASUN
    Apply once, non greasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Whatever one the wife tells me to use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Aldi Lacura factor 15. Second best on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Rikand wrote: »
    Whatever one the wife tells me to use

This and reluctantly

You cant get it twice??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Olive oil - extra virgin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Garnier Clear Protect.

Every few years I test all the clear spray on ones to see if there's one better. Not so far.
    Factor 15 and lower is totally non greasy, waterproof and sprays on like a mist... just don't breath for 5 seconds until the solvent evaporates.
    The 20 and 30 are a bit oily in fairness.

I'm milk bottle white, and the SPF 15 does me in tropical sun. Just bring a tiny bottle of the high factor stuff for nose and ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

None. The Irish sun can't do much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Das Reich wrote: »

Any exposure to UV increases one's risk of melanoma. It's a hell of a disease. Wear suncream.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Any exposure to UV increases one's risk of melanoma. It's a hell of a disease. Wear suncream.

And sunglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

slave1 wrote: »
    Piz Buin Factor 30
    Calypso Factor 40

Where do you get Calypso, having trouble tracking it down

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yeah, not like that other sun they have in different countries...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Parasol P20 - Irish made product (Carlow) There is a P25+ Sport version but I've never used it.

I've never burnt with it on, and I'm pale, and I've played in 35 Deg in Portugal, played in Barbados, USA etc., etc. Always wear it at home when golfing

One application per day unless you wash/sweat a lot.
    Not greasy and it's clear so no white streaks.

One link to the sport version - https://www.inishpharmacy.com/p/parasol-sun-care-25-sport-spf-200ml/para25spfsport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Madness, Ive had chemo and radio, and I wouldn't recommend either

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I tried those once a day creams, and while I didnt get burnt, any white clothing was ruined with un-washable yellow stains.

I just use the coppertone sports sprays and never had an issue...just dont mix them with actual sun cream (or moisture etc) as it will leave a sweaty mess on your head.

I tried the P20 before, but as you said it destroys clothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Ronney

+1 for the P20/Parasol but you have to put it on an hour before and let it soak in.

Good tip if you are out on the course and have to put on cream, rub your hands in a bunker after to absorb the left overs/dry them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

Dbu wrote: »
    Now that the sun is high in the sky again, Im just wondering what sun cream you guys use?.
    Im currently using banana boat Factor 50 spray, that I got abroad, but cant seem to find it here.
    I find it great as its a real light mist and not oily
    I running out quickly though, so looking to find an alternative

I sweat a lot so rubbing in cream is not an option for me.
    Thanks in advance

we use the banana boat too. Missus gets it in Boots AFAIK. great suncream...not greasy or sticky at all afterwards.

missus gets the cream rather than the spray.

daheff wrote: »
    we use the banana boat too. Missus gets it in Boots AFAIK. great suncream...not greasy or sticky at all afterwards.

missus gets the cream rather than the spray.

Thanks daheff, will drop in at lunchtime and check Boots out

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Nivea factor 30 cream. Put it on an hour before hand and avoid the golf glove at all costs with it. I’d generally wear a hat too to shield the face - but I’m particularly sensitive to the sun.

Got burnt once playing down on Dunmore East, was a horrific evening after it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Where do you get Calypso, having trouble tracking it down

Amazon, £6 for 250ml

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Any of you guys that use sprays, did you ever have issues with it affecting your eyes ?

Unless i use a heavy cream, I very likely will have my eyes sting and water by the 10th hole.

Advertisement