Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Graduate Programme Requirements

• 13-05-2019 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ johndoe97

Hi,

I am currently sitting final year exams in accounting and finance. I've been accepted to multiple graduate programmes with several top 10 firms, my question is how strict are these firms when they state a minimum 2.1 degree is required?

Has anyone any experience with this, or is it a strict policy where the offer is terminated if a minimum 2.1 is not achieved? Namely Grant Thornton, Mazars etc.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭ robo

Bit of a conversation about this a few weeks ago here
    Best of luck with the results

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Jim2007

johndoe97 wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience with this, or is it a strict policy where the offer is terminated if a minimum 2.1 is not achieved? Namely Grant Thornton, Mazars etc.

The offer is conditional on getting the grades, if you don't get it the offer lapses. In my day we used to make a couple of extra offers because we knew that a few would fail to reach the grade.

Advertisement