Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omelette

Options
  • 12-05-2019 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on somewhere that does on for breakfast?

Looking at old breakfast thread and either cant see a menu or is not on the menus I do find.

Sick of fry no matter how good it tastes or is presented

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think the Nook in Roselawn does omelettes. Gets busy though. It's only a small place.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Nice omelettes in Douglas and Kaldi rathbourn

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Not CJ's cafe in Junction 6 anyway. Omlette was not nice, too thin, not enough fillings and burnt on the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

LorelaiG wrote:
    Not CJ's cafe in Junction 6 anyway. Omlette was not nice, too thin, not enough fillings and burnt on the bottom.

Defo avoid that so

I figured out way to avoid that, pan cook bottom, then put pan straight under grill to do top

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

jeffk wrote: »
    Defo avoid that so

I figured out way to avoid that, pan cook bottom, then put pan straight under grill to do top

Technically if you put it in the grill it's a fritatta and not an omlette ;):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Technically if you put it in the grill it's a fritatta and not an omlette ;):pac:

Sounds posh :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

LorelaiG wrote: »

Ha ha.

That's the way I do it too!

If I try and turn it,I just end up with scrambled egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,869 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Don't turn it just let it cook on a low heat a while and then fold it and keep folding it!

Very good omelette in Rendezvous in Ongar I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

Always found the one in Kays good - served with relish and soda bread.

Advertisement