Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband issues

Options
  • 12-05-2019 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi there

I signed up to Sky TV and 100MB broadband last week, as the Virgin Horizon box is awful. The sky broadband is fine 90% of the time,but it seems to randomly drop below 1mb/s at different times during the day.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

It seems to be hard to get through to their customer support, and they try to get you to run testing tools and reboot their hub, but I'm convinced the problem is on their end. The sky sales person said my house was able to receive 100mb (though they would say that) and the KN engineer who installed the line said that they don't install unless the line meets their criteria.

The quality of the line coming into the house does seems OK according to the Sky box:

Connection Speed (Kbps) 92156 20478
    Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:10.2 DS2:22.9 DS3:34.0 US0:2.9 US1:17.2 US2:25.4
    Noise Margin (dB) DS1:17.3 DS2:16.6 DS3:16.5 US0:13.9 US1:13.9 US2:13.8

Nothing has changed in the way I use the internet either, and with Virgin broadband it was always well able to keep up.

I'm still in the cooling off period for the Sky broadband, so if they can't resolve the issue I may go back to Virgin media for their broadband and hang on to the Sky TV.

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Advertisement