Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

P2015 fault code

Options
  • 11-05-2019 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi boards I could really do with your help if im honest.

Drive a passat cc and for almost as long as ive owned it,Ive had this engine mgmt light on the dash. Mechanic confirmed the fault code is p2015 -intake manifold runner position sensor Does anyone know how to fix? Mechanic recommends changing the intake manifold, 700eur plus job.

From checking online, I went to another mechanic and asked him to fit a bracket to the control of the actuator(?) but that only worked for like a week

Car is running perfect otherwise and love it. Just sick of this light. Also when I do sell who would wanna pay full price on a car with the eml on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Changing the manifold is the 'correct' way to fix it but there are lots of kits available to repair. Have a look on the dieselgeek site, they do repair kits for different manifold versions that are well made. Stay away from any of the cheaper eBay etc repair kits

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheOvalBall

Hi Rex-x, I looked at your dieselgeek suggestion, that little bracket looks a great solution. I’m just wondering if anyone on here knows if that fix would also work on a slightly older VW Passat, a 2008 model. My engine is giving an error code 08213, they look like similar issues, but the engine bay part looks slightly different.

anyone have any info? Thank you.

Advertisement