Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Play App Installation Problems

Options
  • 11-05-2019 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭

Got an android tablet from China, no Google Play app installed. Have tried to install an APK version however it opens and cannot get past sign in part. It says I need to update the version but I cannot.

The browser I download from freezes and crashes a lot so its almost impossible to download a version and no apps will work otherwise.

Android version is 7.3.1 if it hwlps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sounds like a headache if you get it working anyways. Send it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Got an android tablet from China, no Google Play app installed. Have tried to install an APK version however it opens and cannot get past sign in part. It says I need to update the version but I cannot.

The browser I download from freezes and crashes a lot so its almost impossible to download a version and no apps will work otherwise.

Android version is 7.3.1 if it hwlps.

Are you sure that's the Android version? Nougat only went up to 7.1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Are you sure that's the Android version? Nougat only went up to 7.1.2.

Sorry its 7.1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭corkie

What/Which Tablet? Running any OEM version of Android?

If it was an Xiaomi Tablet go here: - https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/chinarom#wiki_installing_the_google_play_store

Problem is you need Google Play Services along with the playstore to get it working.

If you can unlock the bootloader, possible to flash a custom rom and gapps (if the rom doesn't include it).

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement