Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposal of engine powered equipment

Options
  • 10-05-2019 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

I need to dispose of some petrol powered tools which are broken. Where can I do this?
    I might also need to dispose of a ride on mower if shops aren't interested in buying it. Too big for a car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I need to dispose of some petrol powered tools which are broken. Where can I do this?
    I might also need to dispose of a ride on mower if shops aren't interested in buying it. Too big for a car.

DoneDeal or Adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

People want broken old gardening tools? For scrap/parts or fixing up or something?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

People want broken old gardening tools? For scrap/parts or fixing up or something?

youd be surprised..
    offer them free to go and someone will take them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭jmreire

Whereabouts are you?

• Advertisement

jmreire wrote: »
    Whereabouts are you?
    East side of county Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

If nobody will take them your local authority may have scrap metal recycling at their recycling centre.
    Usually a skip that you have to throw stuff into so not so handy for the ride on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If you advertise them for free they will shift, however do you want this sort of folk scoping your gaff

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's not so much that sort of person scoping my gaff which i worry about (as in the concern about my gaff being the issue).
    it's what happens the goods if they realise they can't fix what they've taken, in which case you may have just outsourced your illegal dumping unknowingly.

Thanks again for the replies. Thought I’d update this now...

The recycling centre takes them if they are drained of fluids and charges the same as for metal.

The vendor who sold the ride on mower will dispose of it if it is beyond economic repair. The council collects broken mowers from them twice a year.

The recycling centre does not have a license to take petrol or oil and advised me to inquire with the council. As it’s less than a litre it’s probably not worth the hassle and I’ll just stick it in a plastic bottle and leave it in the garage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement