Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax saver leap card question

Options
  • 09-05-2019 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭

Finding it hard to find an answer for this, so appreciate if anyone can advise here.

I got an annual Dublin Bus & Luas taxsaver ticket on my leap card through my employer in November. I'll be moving to a new area in August and will need to start using the DART also. Can I add this to the remainder of my annual ticket or what's the best way I can manage this? I'll want to retain my bus and luas privileges also.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You need to contact your pass issuing operator and ask them if they will allow you to withdraw from your current pass. I understand that they can break annual passes but if they will allow you to is a different matter. You will also need to ask your employer if they are happy to assist you here, for it is they who address payments and they will obviously need to know if your arrangements have changed as well.

https://www.taxsaver.ie/Live-Contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Likely the only option would be a refund for the current ticket and a new annual ticket starting from that point.

Refunds for annual tickets are calculated based on monthly costs. With annuals being discounted at 10X the cost of monthlies the last 2 months are considered free so you won't get any refund for these.

Ticket starting in Nov, refunded in Aug, you may only get the equivalent of 1 or 2 months refunded.

Before you commit to any action you should do some calculations as it may be cheaper to keep the current ticket and use a regular Leap/Irish Rail 3 day/7day/monthly for the rail journeys until your current taxsaver expires.

Advertisement