Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning Dublin Buses

Options
  • 08-05-2019 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

I need to be in town by 07:00 on Saturday morning, and I'm fairly sure I'm getting the 06:00 bus into town from near enough the terminus. It's the second service of the day, anybody any experience of getting buses this early? I'm a tad petrified it won't show.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

What bus are you getting, OP?

Any time I’ve gotten an early morning bus 5.30-6.30, they’ve shown up.

Although I’d be at the bus stop early, no traffic and everything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Qrt

What are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Qrt wrote: »

It pisses in at that hour of the Saturday so you'll be grand. All buses do truth be told. Get the 6AM and you'll have time in town for a breakfast roll and tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭LastStop

Qrt wrote: »
    I need to be in town by 07:00 on Saturday morning, and I'm fairly sure I'm getting the 06:00

i'm a tad petrified it won't show.

The first and last bus attracts extra fines from the NTA if they don't operate so DB always make an extra effort to have them on the road when they are supposed to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

6am bus will have you @connolly for 6.30 on a weekend, and 6.40 on a weekday.

occasionally you get all green lights, and empty bus stops, and it goes even faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Qrt

It arrived! I’ll never say a bad word about Dublin Bus again.

Or until I get back at least...

Advertisement