Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Spoilers lie within!] Rate s08e04.

• 08-05-2019 1:02pm

A simple poll to see what people thought of the fourth episode.

Rate season 8 episode 4 out of 10. 57 votes

85% 49 votes
    1% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    1% 1 vote
    1% 1 vote
    1% 1 vote
    3% 2 votes
    1% 1 vote
    1% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes

Comments

Thought it was an improvement on last week which I think I gave a 6. I've grown to accept the teleportation stuff and deus ex machina to a degree. I prefer the scheming and conniving to ep1c dr4gon fights. I was hanging on every word in most conversations yet others left me scratching my head. Not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I thought it was better in some ways and worse in others. They're very different episodes, and on reflection I think the most illogical, stupid parts of E04 annoyed me more, though as a whole, I prefered the episode. I suppose it would be a 6 again from me. Entertaining TV, but weak GOT.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The fact we're at about 1/3rd the number of posts of discussion compared to episode 3 says a lot (same applies to the number of reported posts as well; they are sporadic by comparison to last episode) of how the episode was received as the plot holes were similar in size (the laser guided first shots vs. the Dothraki being sacrificed etc.). Episode 3 was divisive in nature with multiple calls of best episode ever etc.; episode 4 pretty much everyone agreed the plot holes were stupid and it was a meh things move on episode. Hence for me I rate it at a 5; to many characters has taken stupidity pills and go against character for me to rate it higher but as it it's a move between scenes episode I'm not going to rank it down to hard on it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

This episode summarised everything that was wrong with the decision to wrap up the show in 13 episodes instead of the 20 it deserved. 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I gave the Battle for Winterfell* a 4. I had to give this a 5 as I don't think it was as bad as last week. That's about all the praise I can give it.

*I refuse to call that episode "The Long Night". We've had longer nights in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

6. Better than last week.

VERY rushed and lots of stuff happens minus the build up.

Advertisement