Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pawl Keeps Breaking

Options
  • 08-05-2019 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

I have a Stihl MS 390 and the starter pawl keeps breaking. It a small plastic thing that engages when you pull the starter cord. It started off slipping and I checked it out. It appeared the end of it had worn so much that it would not engage to start the saw. So a simple job to repair. So off to the Stihl dealer and purchased 2 of them. Replaced it and it only lasted a week or so. Replaced it again and the same happens.

Any suggestions as to why it won't work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭148multi

Mach Two wrote: »
    I have a Stihl MS 390 and the starter pawl keeps breaking. It a small plastic thing that engages when you pull the starter cord. It started off slipping and I checked it out. It appeared the end of it had worn so much that it would not engage to start the saw. So a simple job to repair. So off to the Stihl dealer and purchased 2 of them. Replaced it and it only lasted a week or so. Replaced it again and the same happens.

Any suggestions as to why it won't work.

The lugs that it grips, are they damaged or the springs strained

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Mach Two

148multi wrote: »
    The lugs that it grips, are they damaged or the springs strained

Lugs are perfect. There is no springs.

Advertisement