Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skincare Routine Advise

Options
  • 07-05-2019 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for some advice. Have an unexisting skincare routine. Most days I do nothing, if I wear makeup i take it off with micellular water/gel and apply moisturizer. Now that I'm in my mid 20's I want to implement an easy keep skincare routine to keep my skin looking young for as long as possible. I suppose my routine is unexisting because I don't suffer any skin problems bar the odd breakout of a couple of spots if poor diet (greasy food) for a couple of days, poor makeup removal and/or time of the month. Outside of those I'd say Ive good skin maybe a little oily around t-zone is all I could say.

So now for advice. I'm looking for recommendations of a routine that would be easy stick to morning and evening (i.e 5-10mis). From a little research image skincare seem to be popular atm. I was thinking of maybe their ormedic cleanser and protection moisturizer to start with price I want to get into a routine that's working before spending extraordinary amounts on products to gather dust on a shelf.

Dermatologic also receives great reviews but again quiet expensive. Maybe a cheaper Simple, Nivea, Garnier cleanser and moisturizer would work??

I'm very clueless so any advice would be very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

The main thing to me is that you need to start cleansing properly.

Micellar water is a handy product, and waaay better than wipes, but it is not a proper cleanse in itself.

I don't use it often, really the only time is when I've worn heavier than normal make up (night out etc) and want it to do the heavy lifting before cleansing properly. Personally I use a cleanser from the Image range wtih hot cloth/sponge and a basin of water. I tend to do this twice if I've had make up on.

The next thing is to get a day time moisturiser which contains SPF. Again, I use Image which some find expensive, but I don't mind spending when it comes to my face. There are lots of products wtih SPF on the market these days, so just get something that you like and that suits your budget. I use the SPF 32 Matte whcih i find works great under makeup as I have oily skin around my tzone.

Its hard to say much more wihtout knowing what type of skin you have but a nice serum for before bed would also be a necessity in my view.

Theres a lot more you could do (products containing retenol, hylauronic acid, glycolic acid, vit c etc) but the bare minmum is spf, proper cleansing and a serum for nighttime. If you want the Image range, most places that sell it will give you a consultation anyway, so talk to your local supplier before buying.

IMO the ormedic range is a bit boring (not enough active ingediants for me!). Personally I'd go for the Vital C range if you've no major skin issues, but if youre spending the money on Image, you may as well go for a proper consultation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm in my late thirties and have normal/oily skin so am still prone to the odd few spots :( Earlier on this year I pared back my routine and my skin has definitely improved. I use soap on a face cloth to take off make up at night (Body Shop at the moment) and also just wash my face with soap in the shower in the morning. Then I use Simple eye make up remover, toner or micellar and their moisturiser. I use an 30 on top of that (usually Aldi's own factor 30) I'm currently using an eye cream from Lidl. I used to use the Aldi one, but it's been discontinued.

I use a facial scrub about once a week in the shower. I change the face cloth daily (Penneys luxury ones are great, really thick and a 3 pack for around €2) and use cotton wool from Aldi. It doesn't break up or go 'scrappy' if you know what I mean.

Superdrug often have Simple for half price or BOGOF. Even full price, it's pretty cheap and Lidl eye cream is about a fiver for a little jar that last for ages. The SPF is around €3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Update:

Had a consultation today and ended up buying the following

1. Ormedic Cleanser - morning and night
    2. Iluma Serum - morning and night
    3. Prevention + 30 - morning
    4. Vital C moisturiser - night
    5. Cell Clear - instead of ormedic 2/3times a week (esp when breakouts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Update:

Had a consultation today and ended up buying the following

1. Ormedic Cleanser - morning and night
    2. Iluma Serum - morning and night
    3. Prevention + 30 - morning
    4. Vital C moisturiser - night
    5. Cell Clear - instead of ormedic 2/3times a week (esp when breakouts

Wow you spent more than I'd thought from your OP, but thats a solid routine for young/normal skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

SozBbz wrote:
    Wow you spent more than I'd thought from your OP, but thats a solid routine for young/normal skin.

I spent more than I though I would too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement