Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaks of last two episodes *No spoilers*

Options
  • 07-05-2019 10:40pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend found leaks online for the last two episodes in the form of a summary. Apparently by the same guy who leaked ep 4 and got everything right on the money.

I'm not gonna say anything about what was said (it's easily googled for anyone who's curious). Just wondering has anyone else seen the leaks? If they're accurate, I'll be very disappointed. Sounds a bit rubbish. But maybe the production values and actors will pull it off. I'll still tune in just to see it through.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm dreading the thought that we're gonna be ending up in 'Dexter' and 'Sopranos' territory :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've seen them and they're devastatingly ****e.
    The presentation better be more convincing than how it reads on paper otherwise this will go down worse than Lost which for a show I loved, have still been unable to rewatch.

Unfortunately I do think they're true because they've got everything right thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm dreading the thought that we're gonna be ending up in 'Dexter' and 'Sopranos' territory :(:(:(

I didnt have much of a problem with the Sopranos ending, its nowhere near the level of badness Dexter or the walking dead hit. Heck, i actually liked the way the Sopranos ended, they could have went all Scarface but they kept it grounded.

Boardwalk empire also gets stick, but they got ****ed over, they got short notice to wrap everything up and were only given 8 episodes to do it :(

GoT had all the time and money in the world behind it, no excuse really :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I saw them. I think they're accurate. I hope they're not. Mainly they're what you'd expect to happen if you weren't trying to guess big surprises, if that makes sense. It would be surprising in its lack of surprise really - until the end. The end would surprise a bit but mainly disappoint.

However one of the leaked points only makes sense if something else happens that might be interesting, and is not covered in the leaks.
    My own guessing at a surprise is that the white walkers can't be gone, legendary peril tens of thousands of years old, something clever is in the works. But apparently no they're just gone... I found episode 2 enthralling, but if that was the ultimate end of the white walkers then it was a dull ending plot-wise, no matter how great a spectacle it was.

One of the two endings they mention for Jon would suggest the white walkers reemerge, since it would explain why he would return to the watch. Whatever is behind that might make it interesting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I suspect the leaks are accurate also, but a few of the actors have mentioned in interviews that several endings were shot and they haven't been told what's real and fake, so I'm holding out against all odds that we'll get something a bit better :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I just read them, I like being spoilt. I reckon they are bull****.
    There is no way Jaimie has gone back to Cersei to join up with her, he has gone to kill her, simples. It completes her prophecy.

So what I read is bull.

Also DONT READ THE ONE BELOW OR YOU WILL BE SPOILT
    In fairness Danny heiress setting fire to Kings Landing is believable and Varys is definitely getting executed for treason, but anyone savy would be expecting that from the last episode.

Finally the one below is a pile of crap.
    John killing Danny Heiress has to be waffles, why would he?

So all in all they sound like waffles.

I wish some untrustworthy television executive would leak them online so I can watch them and get on with my life now. I am kind of over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I had another read cause I am a glutton for punishment. It's all just re hashed fan theory waffles. One of them says that there was fake battle sequence between
    the unsullied and the Lannister army
    which was made up to counteract Extras leaking the plot.

I am sorry but when I am not commenting on boards I am a movie producer and the one thing I don't do is blow my hard earned profits on fake scenes to ensure my audience doesn't go online to get spoilt before they see my movie. Please use your beautiful minds when reading this sarcasm.

The leaks are all fan theory waffle.

The above leaks were made by a guy who outlined all the plot points of episode 4 in advance of that episode. They are believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

nix wrote: »
    I didnt have much of a problem with the Sopranos ending, its nowhere near the level of badness Dexter or the walking dead hit. Heck, i actually liked the way the Sopranos ended, they could have went all Scarface but they kept it grounded.

The ending of The Sopranos has aged really well imo. The series in general is aging really well. I rewatched it again recently and I really think it's great from start to finish.

I haven't seen the leaks for Game of Thrones, but I'm honestly not hopeful. I haven't loved any of the episodes this season and I don't think they're going to pull it back with the last 2.

I dont know what I want to do after reading this thread, I mean Id watch the episodes if they are out but not sure I want to spoil myself, although the show has been ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Don't do it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ep5 leak proved correct also!

No bookie seems to be still accepting bets on the outcome. Some large insider betting since about a year ago followed by a lot of people copying it. Wonder if there were bets available after the fourth episode leak was shown to be accurate. I guess there were for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The leaks are all fan theory waffle.

Those episode 5 leaks proved to be true. I haven't looked at what is said about episode 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Notorious wrote: »
    Those episode 5 leaks proved to be true. I haven't looked at what is said about episode 6.

Given the mess they've left, it doesn't much matter as it can't be fixed in 1:20.

A more detailed plot outline of the final episode has leaked. It's mainly consistent with the existing leak but fills in gaps and corrects one thing that didn't make sense.

I'm more positive than most about the season and liked the bells but the outline makes the finale sound sh!t.

So I read the leaks cos I don't really give a **** about spoilers and all I can say is...
    I think the number on that petition are gonna sky rocket

I'm really interested to see what the reaction will be if these do end up being accurate, as I suspect they will.
    People have been giving out that Bran's whole journey has been pointless. Maybe this will change their minds :pac:

I thought the episode 5 leaks sounded awful, but I actually quite enjoyed the execution of it. So I'm still hopeful that even if the leaks are accurate and the plot is a bit sh*t, at least it might be entertaining!

I'm really interested to see what the reaction will be if these do end up being accurate, as I suspect they will.
    People have been giving out that Bran's whole journey has been pointless. Maybe this will change their minds :pac:

I thought the episode 5 leaks sounded awful, but I actually quite enjoyed the execution of it. So I'm still hopeful that even if the leaks are accurate and the plot is a bit sh*t, at least it might be entertaining!

I don't think the spoiler above will go down too well :pac:
    I really hope the leaks are not true, if only for the sake of the writers' reputations!, but unfortunately I think they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I just read them, I like being spoilt. I reckon they are bull****.
    There is no way Jaimie has gone back to Cersei to join up with her, he has gone to kill her, simples. It completes her prophecy.

So what I read is bull.

Also DONT READ THE ONE BELOW OR YOU WILL BE SPOILT
    In fairness Danny heiress setting fire to Kings Landing is believable and Varys is definitely getting executed for treason, but anyone savy would be expecting that from the last episode.

Finally the one below is a pile of crap.
    John killing Danny Heiress has to be waffles, why would he?

So all in all they sound like waffles.

I wish some untrustworthy television executive would leak them online so I can watch them and get on with my life now. I am kind of over it.
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So were all the leaks accurate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

FutureGuy wrote: »

The ones i read were accurate everything right

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

FutureGuy wrote: »

95% right it seems. Got some things slightly off because the information or footage viewed was out of context.

To think some of these spoilers are around since last year.

Well the leaks were accurate, the whole episode was so cringe, and it somehow managed to be worse than I had imagined. I've never been so bored during an episode of TV in my life but this was exceptionally dull. Everyone seemed to be phoning it in this finale. Even Tyrion finding his siblings in the rubble - was that seriously the only bit of the cavern that caved in, that small pile of rocks? If they had stood 5 feet to the left they'd have been grand like?

Ugh. Very unsatisfying. I was keeping my mind open to be entertained but it wasn't to be.

Advertisement