Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking around Cork City\outskirts for a week?

Options
  • 07-05-2019 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

So, I'm thinking of going abroad for a few days, maybe a week, and I don't want to pay €40-50 for long term parking at the airport.

Does anybody know what the deal is with parking for a few days around the free zones\outskirts in the city?
    Is overnight parking in a shopping center, like Wilton, or random industrial estate, a bad idea? Illegal?

Will a car get towed if it's left on the street for a few days? Or stolen?

I'll be driving up from West Cork, so just wondering what my options are..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

So, I'm thinking of going abroad for a few days, maybe a week, and I don't want to pay €40-50 for long term parking at the airport.

Does anybody know what the deal is with parking for a few days around the free zones\outskirts in the city?
    Is overnight parking in a shopping center, like Wilton, or random industrial estate, a bad idea? Illegal?

Will a car get towed if it's left on the street for a few days? Or stolen?

I'll be driving up from West Cork, so just wondering what my options are..

There are companies that operate close to the airport who charge a fraction of the cost of the airport car parks and drop you off and collect you. CAPs airport parking, probably others as well.

You will get clamped in places like Wilton, and you may or may not have a car or an intact car to come back to elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

By the time you park miles and miles from the airport, and then taxi up and back you might as well park at the airport... I suppose you could take a bus from west cork

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement