Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bed for a King Charles

Options
  • 07-05-2019 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Which one of these bed sizes would suit a King Charles Spaniel?

Small 46cm x 39cm x 16cm

Medium 59cm x 46cm x 14cm

Large 76cm x 56cm x 14cm

She is a pup but I’m looking for one that would also do when she’s an adult as well

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

If space is not an issue I'd go for the medium size. I bought a medium waterproof bed to go in the kennel outside. When it came I thought it was too big to fit in but it fitted fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Brian017 wrote: »
    Which one of these bed sizes would suit a King Charles Spaniel?

Small 46cm x 39cm x 16cm

Medium 59cm x 46cm x 14cm

Large 76cm x 56cm x 14cm

She is a pup but I’m looking for one that would also do when she’s an adult as well

Depends is it a fluffy bed? With stuffing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Brian017

cocker5 wrote: »

It seems to be upholstered fabric from what I can make out. Why? Would a more fluffy one be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Brian017 wrote: »
    cocker5 wrote: »

It seems to be upholstered fabric from what I can make out. Why? Would a more fluffy one be better?

Sorry what I was getting at OP a nice bed right now with padded stuffing may not last that long with a puppy ... I know my cocker destroyed many a bed before he turned 2 .. would you confer vet bed until the chewing etc has stopped?

Size wise go for medium x more is a little best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Medium sized is probably best. And as mentioned, it probably will get nibbled and chewed at some point through puppyhood, so it's optomistic that it may last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Brian017

Thanks for thee advice everyone. I'll look for a temporary bed for the time being and keep the nice, good bed for when she's a bit older so!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

As our girl got older, we went for one on Chelsea dogs, on legs. Tiled floor in the kitchen, so we wanted it raised a little so it would be warmer. Hang on, and I'll find a link for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

Depends which fits the best. Stuff also matters.

Advertisement