Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor insurance question

Options
  • 07-05-2019 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hey,
    If one person, Bill, has a motor insurance policy but no longer needs it or the motor can he give the insurance policy to another person, Bob.

Or is it indeed the case that Bill cancels his policy and then Bob gets his own?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Or is it indeed the case that Bill cancels his policy and then Bob gets his own

This is the answer.

I'm 99% sure you can't swap the policy holder. He would have to apply for a policy of his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Thanks! This is exactly what I thought too. It's quite simple isn't it? We get our own policy based on our own details.

I just had to put it out there and ask because someone was trying to convince me otherwise, so thank you
    This is the answer.

I'm 99% sure you can't swap the policy holder. He would have to apply for a policy of his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MacTire_liath

Hey,

If I have a motor insurance policy but no longer need it or the motor can I cancel the policy and get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭cml387

Yes but the amount of the refund will depend on the length of period of insurance remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭horse7

I've noticed a lot of Ukrainian cars driving around, what if any is their insurance situation?

Advertisement