Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday with boyfriend

Options
  • 07-05-2019 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My boyfriend and I have a holiday booked for this summer since last winter and the holiday is now paid off. I want to call things off between us. I don't want to see him again.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

If either of you still want to go to go on the holiday, one of you could take someone else instead. There would be an administrative charge to change the name for the flight though. Or if the flights were relatively cheap and you haven't paid for the accommodation yet, you could both just take the hit financially.

You haven't given us much information to go on though OP. What kind of advise are you looking for? If this is purely about the practicalities of the holiday itself, I could move this to the travel forum. However if your query is also about how to handle the break up, I can leave it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭LolaJJ

If you are so completely done with the relationship that you don't want to see him again then DO NOT GO ON THE HOLIDAY with him.

I went on a mini-break with someone I knew I was going to break up with because it was all paid up and the whole trip I just wished I was at home.

If you have travel insurance you can claim trip cancellation after paying an excess. You don't need to explain why the trip didn't happen, just proof from the airline that you either cancelled your flights or were a no-show.

Or as Woodchuck suggested, one of you go with someone else

Advertisement