Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DeWalt Cordless €99.95

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the above drill for very basic DIY. It is more suited as a screw gun rather than a drill. Here are the specs:
    Max. drilling capacity in masonry 13mm, wood 30mm, steel 13mm. Max. torque 42Nm hard / 26Nm soft. No. load speed: 0-450/1500rpm. Impact rate: 0-7650/25500bpm. Overall length: 228mm. Weight: 1.72kg.

For anyone wanting to use as a drill & screw gun there are two better options
    https://www.ie.screwfix.com/dewalt-dcd778d2t-gb-18v-2-0ah-li-ion-xr-brushless-cordless-combi-drill.html
    https://www.ie.screwfix.com/dewalt-dcd778l2t-sfgb-18v-3-0ah-li-ion-brushless-cordless-combi-drill.html

Apart from the better batteries they have better torque & impact rate
    Max. drilling capacity in masonry 13mm, wood 30mm, steel 13mm. Max. torque 65Nm hard / 26Nm soft. No. load speed: 0-500 / 1750rpm. Impact rate: 0-8500 / 29,750bpm. Overall length: 204mm. Weight: 3.8kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

I have this a few years have gone though solid concrete no problem and used it as a screw gun good speed control

sioda wrote:
    I have this a few years have gone though solid concrete no problem and used it as a screw gun good speed control

Do you have the exact same one?

My point was not to slag off or put down the one on offer but to point out that dewalt have different screw guns that look the same. The difference isn't only the battery size. People need to look at the specs and compare. The one on offer is fine for very basic DIY jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Yup same model as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭bliger

My 2 cents, brushless tools have huge advancement in battery life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Slightly off topic but has anyone had any issues buying from the screwfix website? I've been trying to order a Dewalt drill for the last 2 days but I keep getting Order Failed message when moving to the payment screen. The order then sits as Payment Pending with no way to bring it further.

I called them earlier and was told they've had others report the same issue and the only thing they can suggest is to clear the basket, log out, give it a few hours and try again. Pretty poor response to be honest. I've tried across 2 days, on different devices and browsers and still no joy.

It's almost like they don't want to take my money!! :confused:

garion wrote:
    I called them earlier and was told they've had others report the same issue and the only thing they can suggest is to clear the basket, log out, give it a few hours and try again. Pretty poor response to be honest. I've tried across 2 days, on different devices and browsers and still no joy.

Working fine for me. Try using a different browser. That might help

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Working fine for me. Try using a different browser. That might help

I had tried Edge & Chrome without success but tried again with Firefox and it went through finally!

This is on the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Skookum.

kneemos wrote: »
    Skookum.

I'd say she's straight from the big rock candy mountain and not long for this world.

• Advertisement
Advertisement