Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Snip> substantial mortgage refunds?

Options
  • 02-05-2019 8:36pm

We got leaflets in through our door.

See <Snip>

We'd personally qualify per the specified requirements.

But, does anyone know the basis behind the claim of being able to claim refunds. They estimate average refund in the tens of thousands.

An up front, non refundable payment is due.

The Limerick Post ran a front page article on this. But they are hardly the Washington Post.

<Snip>

(Remove spaces to get the link to work.) New user

"Fallen foul of EU regulations?"

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Possibly that you should have been on a tracker after the fixed rate portion expired.

Your own solicitor would be best placed to answer this for you rather than a claims harvesting service imo.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

OP, I have snipped the references to the specific provider of of potentially unlawful services you mentioned, together with the article in case it also mentions that provider.

I am uncertain as to the lawfulness of claims harvesting in these circumstances so will refer to the Law Society for their views.

I'll leave this open for a more generalised discussion about mortgage related litigation arising from some of the shadier strongarming done to get people on to more expensive loan repayment arrangements in the past decade or so. To put it concisely.

circumstances so will refer to the Law Society for their views.

Any guidance/feedback from the Law Society?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I received a reply from them late last week and didn't think of posting an update.

The advertisement/marketing in question doesn't breach their regulations.

That being so is a matter for the Law Society imo. I am still very uncomfortable with it.

Advertisement