Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panel for Council Job to Offer Stage

Options
  • 01-05-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi Guys,

I went to interview for county council clerical role last year. I got a call from their HR to say they have a position for me if interested as my place was next on the panel. Obviously I am. They said they will send out an initial letter. Anyone any experience with this? In terms of timelines, presumably medical, vetting etc to contract what are you looking at in terms of overall timeframes? 1 month to 6 weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bingbong500

Hi Guys,

I went to interview for county council clerical role last year. I got a call from their HR to say they have a position for me if interested as my place was next on the panel. Obviously I am. They said they will send out an initial letter. Anyone any experience with this? In terms of timelines, presumably medical, vetting etc to contract what are you looking at in terms of overall timeframes? 1 month to 6 weeks?

Depends on the council but at the moment all the ones I know are moving super quick as there is so much movement right now. Most clerical don't need garda vetting and it could easily be as little as 2 weeks from offer to start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Niamd

Hi! Can I ask what number you were on the panel, which council it was and joe long it took? I’m currently waiting on a panel myself and trying to judge timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 gerardmillrace

Hi Niamd, 13 on panel since last summer, so roughly ten months. Best of Luck

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Hi Guys,

hello just wondering could i ask how was the interview for it. Have one myself nxt week for Kerry wondering if you could offer any advice?

• Advertisement

I had a county council interview not too long ago. It was a lot more conversational they had my application form in front of them and were able to pull information from it and ask for more detail. They asked about the council budget and where their money comes from and current happenings in the council and local amenities etc the rest was just normal interview questions based on the competencies set out in the job description/person specification. My interviewers were lovely! Best of luck!

Niamd wrote: »
    I had a county council interview not too long ago. It was a lot more conversational they had my application form in front of them and were able to pull information from it and ask for more detail. They asked about the council budget and where their money comes from and current happenings in the council and local amenities etc the rest was just normal interview questions based on the competencies set out in the job description/person specification. My interviewers were lovely! Best of luck!

thank you its being so long since an interview (and there not my strong point) im a little nervous but will do my research

Niamd wrote: »

Hi may i ask have you got called for anything yet? I was placed on the panel and placed highish enough wondering how long does it take? Thanks.

Advertisement