Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my gas boiler usage

Options
  • 01-05-2019 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am living (1 person) in an apartment, where the heating and cooking is powered by natural gas.
    Until Feb 2019, I felt that my bills are quite high and to reduce that,
    i started turning off the boiler manually during night and when I leave to work.
    So basically i end up using it for 2 hrs a day. And now, I find that I am not consuming more gas as expected.

My questions are:
    1) Is it ok to turn the boiler on and off manually every day? Will it cause any damage to the property or the boiler?
    2) Also, in the past when I left it ON, i see that it runs every few hrs to keep the water warm and in turn consume more gas. Am I right?

Please clarify.

Regards
    Hago

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Try the plumbing forum. Also upload a picture of your boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭homer911

1, Yes, No
    2. Yes

I'd say most people would run their heating on a timer, or a manual 1 hour boost when needed

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are they meter readings or estimates on the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please don't tell people to post in another forum. We often end up with duplicate threads as a result. Instead please use the Report Post function to alert a moderator that the thread should be moved.

Moved to the Plumbing & Heating forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hago123

Ok I will.
    my boiler is Immer gas boiler. Will upload a picture tonight.

• Advertisement

Are they meter readings or estimates on the bill?

Both. I am with Flogas. They do estimates and I submit meter readings once in a while.

So my boiler looks like this:

Advertisement