Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance renewal & new puppy

Options
  • 01-05-2019 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I had my previous dog insured & renewal is due 2 months time & my dog died recently. I had no issues with claims & I have a new puppy now

What is the correct process?

1) Do I ring to change dog details? If I do this will they increase my premium as I had claims as a result of the death of my previous dog?
    2) Do I cancel & then start new policy?

I assume that if my dog survived her ordeal, then I would assume that the premium would increase because of claims & if I ring to register this new puppy they will load premium as a result

What is the best way to approach this as I don’t think new puppy should be loaded for previous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

First of all when did your dog pass away? You def need to cancel your previous digs policy x

New dog new insurance policy - same as health insurance for people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Nope, new dog new policy no loading. I worked in insurance for years so its not like a car policy. Its health and a completely different thing. It's not like being a driver with points on your license or a claim. Better to get your young dog on a lifetime policy so you dont have to worry about them in older age. Premiums will go up like any policy as the risk increases and inflation. The older they get the more likely you are to make a claim. The main thing you have to worry about is pre existing conditions. But if they are covered from birth that shouldn't be a problem unless they are pedigree and have those conditions per breed then you will need to speak to the inurers directly to discuss any issues.

So sorry I didn't mention so sorry for your loss. We lost our darling girl in September last year and although I'm kinda over it she is always in my thoughts. x

Advertisement