Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Store & More 50% off in May

Options
  • 30-04-2019 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

50% off barbecues/luggage in Home Store & More in May - early code: 071130

Use code at checkout or in store to get the discount today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

thejaguar wrote: »
    50% off barbecues/luggage in Home Store & More in May - early code: 071130

Use code at checkout or in store to get the discount today

Like a Harvey Norman "Sale" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

when they're gone, they're definitely gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Are these really sales though?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i have an email from them offering have price on 'all hotel collection duvet covers'
    no mention of bbq or luggage

The bed linen was just added today but the bbq and luggage notification was sent a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

no click and collect? dont want to get it delivered when i can collect from the store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

What's the quality of the hotel bed linen. It says it's 500 thread count???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

yogibear77 wrote: »

Travelodge 200 count

The ritz 1000 count

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Whats the luggage like? I've bought Tripp before in Debenhams which is very good and regularly on sale but everyone else in Ireland has it and it can be a disaster, so much so I've stickerbombed one bag. I'd do a fair chunk of longhaul which is set to increase so looking for good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

No disrespect to them.I bought loads of Pyrex last month.
    However retailers reach their annual targets through promotions like these. When I was involved in Clerys curtain department, A fabric that was on sale reduced from 60 euro to 40 euro .Margins were so hyped up to allow them offer huge discounts. And us fools queued up for the massive savings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i have an email from them offering have price on 'all hotel collection duvet covers'
    no mention of bbq or luggage

That came today.
    The luggage and bbq came last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Whats the luggage like? I've bought Tripp before in Debenhams which is very good and regularly on sale but everyone else in Ireland has it and it can be a disaster, so much so I've stickerbombed one bag. I'd do a fair chunk of longhaul which is set to increase so looking for good stuff.

If you do a decent amount of travelling then samsonite is worth the investment. I had a Tripp suitcase handle break after maybe 10 uses, husband had a handle break on one of his suitcases and a zip go on another but I have samsonite stuff that I bought in the 90s that is still perfect. I keep meaning to bring it to the charity shop as I don't use it anymore because it doesn't have an extendable handle but it's far too good to throw out. The matching duffle bag is still used regularly and is in excellent condition given that it's about 25 years old. I also got a present of a samsonite carry on case in 98/99 that is still perfect and is used all the time and since the large tripp case broke I bought a samsonite replacement that has had plenty of use and abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

If you do a decent amount of travelling then samsonite is worth the investment. I had a Tripp suitcase handle break after maybe 10 uses, husband had a handle break on one of his suitcases and a zip go on another but I have samsonite stuff that I bought in the 90s that is still perfect. I keep meaning to bring it to the charity shop as I don't use it anymore because it doesn't have an extendable handle but it's far too good to throw out. The matching duffle bag is still used regularly and is in excellent condition given that it's about 25 years old. I also got a present of a samsonite carry on case in 98/99 that is still perfect and is used all the time and since the large tripp case broke I bought a samsonite replacement that has had plenty of use and abuse.

I was in Brandmax the other day and they had American Tourister stuff which is made my Samsonite, I might invest in one or two pieces from them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

vicwatson wrote: »
    Travelodge 200 count

The ritz 1000 count

And with regards the towels currently on offer?? 750gsm??

I can only speak from my own experience of course, but I find that the HS+M monthly half price sales are actual sales and are well worth going for, if they're selling a thing you're looking for.

I've often bought stuff there, as when compared online and other bricks/mortar stores, HS+M's prices would be better. They are regularly better than Amazon and such.

That said, like anything else, I'm sure it varies from offer to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭cletus

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    No disrespect to them.I bought loads of Pyrex last month.
    However retailers reach their annual targets through promotions like these. When I was involved in Clerys curtain department, A fabric that was on sale reduced from 60 euro to 40 euro was costing them 15 euro to buy.Margins were so hyped up to allow them offer huge discounts. And us fools queued up for the massive savings.

Not sure I get your point. All shops operate by making a profit. Are you suggesting that the material that was reduced to 40 could have been bought cheaper somewhere else? Or that Clerys should have been selling at cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Something else worth noting about the monthly offers. They seem to be repeated every year. May 2018 and 2017 also had bbq and chimnea offer. I just go back through my mails to see what’s coming up next month. Handy when you’re looking get something done around the house. I’ll be getting my bbq this month:D

On a side note, fecken love the place. Especially at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

It's looking for a 3day advance code. Dose anyone have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

That doesn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

andydurnin wrote: »
    That doesn't work for me

Thats the code I got aswell so it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

audi02 wrote: »
    Thats the code I got aswell so it should work.

Maybe as it's now May and the 50% has kicked in is why it's not working?

Assume code was intended for 28th to 30th April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

yogibear77 wrote: »

Pretty good to be fair,
    I have it. love it

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Pretty good to be fair,
    I have it. love it[/QUOTE

Thanks for that, I have gotten 1000 thread count from 2 different places, thinking the quality would be the same but there is a big difference.

Advertisement