Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitestrand beach Doonbeg

Options
  • 30-04-2019 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading here this weekend. Can anyone tell me if parking is available and are dogs allowed on the beach? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Plenty free parking there. I'd say dogs not allowed between 11.00 and 18.00 as is the rule in some Clare beaches. Doughmore beach is the place for dogs. Beside Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭db

You can bring dogs onto the beach at any time until the 15th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

finbarrk wrote: »
    Plenty free parking there. I'd say dogs not allowed between 11.00 and 18.00 as is the rule in some Clare beaches. Doughmore beach is the place for dogs. Beside Trump.

Yes. Last time I looked it up, Doughmore is the only beach not covered by ClareCoCo's dogs regulations. That may have changed since then.

Edit: from here:
    Dogs
    16) Between the hours of 11am and 6pm during the Summer Season, it shall be prohibited to bring any dog onto any part of the beach except the exempted areas delineated on the schedule of maps attached hereto. Before 11am and after 6pm, a dog may be brought onto the non-exempted areas of the beach on the conditions that:
     the dog is on a leash;
     it is not causing annoyance, danger or nuisance to any person using the
    beach or worrying, chasing, injuring or disturbing any animals, birds or other
    creatures on the beach; and
     its faeces is removed and deposited in a suitable receptacle
    Guide dogs for the blind, dogs kept by An Garda Siochána and under the control of a member of An Garda Siochána in the execution of his/her duties and dogs kept by the Customs and Excise Service and under the control of a member of the Customs and Excise Service in the execution of his/her duties are exempt from this bye-law.
    Bye-law 16 shall not apply to Doughmore Beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Thanks, weekend didnt go as planned but good info to know

Advertisement