Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarecastle

Options
  • 28-04-2019 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the large concrete area is beside the bridge in Clarecastle? Looks like it was the start of some sort of building which just stopped?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 scrawnyass

TPMP wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the large concrete area is beside the bridge in Clarecastle? Looks like it was the start of some sort of building which just stopped?

Just another unfinished "building project". I live nearby and its a bloody eyesore. Shur some consortium of genius's gave JJ McCabe 18million quid for land near enough to it which was a bog.Nothing was ever built on said land.Ireland at its maddest;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

scrawnyass wrote:
    Just another unfinished "building project". I live nearby and its a bloody eyesore. Shur some consortium of genius's gave JJ McCabe 18million quid for land near enough to it which was a bog.Nothing was ever built on said land.Ireland at its maddest

The 3 guys fro. Galway that bought jjs done away with them selves , nothing to do with that structure in the village that was another crowd that went broke

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd say the building there stopped when the recession hit

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

branie2 wrote: »
    I'd say the building there stopped when the recession hit

That's what I gathered. But does anyone know what it was they had started to build? For a village the size of Clarecastle it seems a fairly large building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

There is plenty of information available if you google it.

For example : http://clareherald.com/2016/12/action-needed-on-clarecastles-concrete-jungle/

• Advertisement
Advertisement