Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predict who dies in the Battle of Winterfell - May Contain Spoilers of episode 3

• 27-04-2019 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭

With just over 24 Hours to go until the first big battle of Season 8.
    I'd be curious to hear who you think won't make it out alive.

My prediction would be all the Starks, Breinne, Tyrion and Tilly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Some unsullied dude and a horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

They all die, bar Bran. Absolutely every one of them. Massacred.

The Night King kicks on South and then kills everyone there. I wouldn't put it past George Martin. He had said numerous times he doesn't find it at all credible in fiction that the heroes survive and it all ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Brienne, Grey Worm, Jamie, Jorah sure to go. Sansa as a surprise death. But, honestly, I have no idea. Maybe the Night King dies and the living all live happily ever after killing each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭paulbok

Might be quicker to list who survives.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Pod
    Gendry or Arya 50/50
    Davos
    Little bear
    Jorah
    Jamie or Brienne
    Gilly 50/50
    A dragon
    Varys 50/50
    Grey worm or Missande
    Beric

Jon, Dany, Bran, Sam, Sansa, & Tyrion all have plot armour and will survive. I also think Thormund & the hound survive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

flazio wrote: »
    With just over 24 Hours to go until the first big battle of Season 8.
    I'd be curious to hear who you think won't make it out alive.

My prediction would be all the Starks, Breinne, Tyrion and Tilly.

I know we all hate Tilly in Star Trek Discovery, but I don't think that will be enough for her to transfer to GOT in the spore drive and get killed off. Lovely thought though.

I think Podrick will be first to die, or has a particularly gruesome end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I know we all hate Tilly in Star Trek Discovery, but I don't think that will be enough for her to transfer to GOT in the spore drive and get killed off. Lovely thought though.

Sorry I meant Gilly. (Or did I ;) ) And for the record I don't hate Tilly over on Disco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Theon
    Beric Dondarrion
    Jorah
    Podrick
    Grey Worm
    Missendei
    Yohn Royce
    Alys Karstark
    Some Khals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

flazio wrote: »
    Sorry I meant Gilly. (Or did I ;) ) And for the record I don't hate Tilly over on Disco.

Only messing! Didn't even know you were a Disco follower.

But I think Greyworm, Brienne, Gilly, Pod, Beric, the Hound and Sansa are doomed. I have high hopes for Arya for the future.

• Advertisement

Theon and the rest of the Iron Born.
    Thormond
    Beric
    Podrick gruesomely,
    Brienne
    Varys heroicly
    Ghost
    The remaining Nights Watch
    Jorah and Lyanna Mormont heroicly/ emotionally
    Greyworm and the missus
    Milesandre will arrive and die (Red Woman), possibly with more of her order
    Bran
    Most of the unsullied, Dotraki and northern armies.
    Winterfel falls.

Would have said before last week Gendry survives, but now his Baratheon bloodline can survive on through an Arya pregnancy, not so sure.
    All those non combatants in the crypts.

Don't think any of the other major characters just yet, but more will die before the end of the series.

Other prediction for tonight, the golden company will arrive and fight for Danerys on the orders of the Iron Bank who are really funding them, so a fair chunk of them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

Can't wait for tonights episode. I feel the army of the dead will overrun winterfell and everyone who survives will be forced to retreat. As for deaths I predict Sansa, Jamie, Brienne, Greyworm, Theon, Tormund, Jorah and Leanne Mormund and one of the dragons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

paulbok wrote: »
    Other prediction for tonight, the golden company will arrive and fight for Danerys on the orders of the Iron Bank who are really funding them, so a fair chunk of them as well.

I wonder if Bran's vision (the one which featured the mad king, and Cersei blowing up the Sept of Baelor) is significant. It showed the silhouette of a dragon over king's landing, interspersed with images of the Night's King. Everyone at the time assumed that the dragon meant Daenerys, but it might have meant the Night King. It's possible that the Golden Company will be needed closer to the Red Keep.

Also I agree with your death list, though Missandei I think is safe, possibly Tormund too. While I think Bran will die, I think his death will have to have more significance than it currently would... so not yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

It was mentioned several times in last episode that the crypt is the safest place to be.

I predict this will not be the case - long dead Starks to break out of tombs and start slaughtering people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

PCX wrote: »
    It was mentioned several times in last episode that the crypt is the safest place to be.

I predict this will not be the case - long dead Starks to break out of tombs and start slaughtering people.

Yep. The crypts will see action. Wasn't Arya running scared in the crypts in the trailer for the season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

The crypts are full of the dead. Going there is not a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

The Night King, white walkers and wights all killed at Battle of Winterfell. Viserion to be resurrected by Milesandre and Jaime to kill Cersei!

I'm dreading this episode!

billyhead wrote: »
    Yep. The crypts will see action. Wasn't Arya running scared in the crypts in the trailer for the season?
    Definitely, but there is no way Jon Snow left bodies down there able to be ressurected. Can't see them lifting mass stone tombs off themselves.

I predict a very important character's death regardless of the plot needing them. If Jon Snow dies then the way is cleared for Daenerys to fight for the throne. I don't think he will be sitting on it in the end. Mind you I don't think she will either but we are overdue a "big death", a character who is popular, necessary, and good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I don't think any of the main players die tonight,as i think they'll all be around to the final episode,but i think we will lose quiet a few beloved characters like
    Jorah- his story arc seems complete
    Theon - sacrifices himself to save bran
    Varys - dies in the crypt
    Grey Worm - should never have disscussed his plans for after the war
    Beric Dondarrion - not to important to the show,seems very likely to die
    Eddison - need to get to 1000 nights watch commander somehow
    And Bran will wrap into the whites dragon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I hope Lyanna Mormont is the first to go, can't stand her.

My prediction: All major characters in the North will die. Night King to continue march on to Kings Landing, and eventually destroys everyone there too.

Melisandre to return and work with whoever is left to rebuild the wall and put a new curse over it. Maybe bring back one person to lead the last survivors north of the wall. The wall now keeps the Night King in the South.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Knight King is coming. Special power? Raising the dead to join his army. Where should we hide? I know, a crypt.

Everyone in the crypt is screwed. The two dragons are going to side with John Snow, him being the king. Daenerys is killed, but becomes the Knight Queen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭golfball37

Strategic victory for the dead. A few protagonists make it to the eirie in retreat. Anyone can die tonight except Jon, Danaerys, Sansa, Bran and Arya really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Pod
    Gendry or Arya 50/50
    Davos
    Little bear
    Jorah
    Jamie or Brienne
    Gilly 50/50
    A dragon
    Varys 50/50
    Grey worm or Missande
    Beric

Jon, Dany, Bran, Sam, Sansa, & Tyrion all have plot armour and will survive. I also think Thormund & the hound survive.

If i was a betting man id be putting my money on this,the hound will survive he still has a part to play with his brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The crypts are full of the dead. Going there is not a good idea.
    I thought so too at first but then I remembered that the wight they brought to KL couldn't even get out of a box. If they get out of those heavy tombs it's a crock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Jamie and Jon could potentially die soon,but i think they will survive the battle only to be killed by someone the trust,jamie by bronn and jon by dany, she is to experience 3 betrayals perhaps the final betrayal she faces will be her own betrayal of jon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Dany to kill Jon Snow in the confusion as he's now a rival for the throne (it's a long shot, but she's ruthless. She seemed pretty unimpressed by his revelation last week).

TBH the whole army of the dead thing is the least interesting part of the show, I wouldn't be surprised if they're defeated tonight and the rest of the season goes back to the political machinations of who sits on the throne. What's the point of creating all this intrigue only to have all the main characters wiped out by an unstoppable supernatural force?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,238 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Greyworm must go. He's enjoying the food too much in winterfell. Carrying a few too many pounds for my liking.
    Jamie saving brienne.
    Aside from that, not sure. The Jon,Dany thing will play out after I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

The white general will summon the dead from the crypt they kill all kids. The kids side flank the northern army and defeat them.
    Jon snow has to kill sam tarny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

I think Dany is going to die saving John, she is tirn between her love for him and the recent revelation. This will be her turning away from the Throne, which was what she saw in the House of the Dead. Her sacrifice allows John Snow to get Lightbringer.

Jamie will die fighting alongside Brienne, who survives.

Gilly is dead, not sure the dead will rise in the crypts, but there may be a hidden entrance long forgotten, so everyone bin the Crypt is in for some super fun times... aside from Arya, who has plot armour.

The onion knight, Greyworm, and Beric die in battle.

Theon dies saving Bran.

Sansa makes it to the last minute, and is then kidnapped by a White walker and turned.

Varys dies trying to flee.

Or, they all hug and weep as the dead over run them.

Honestly, I haven't got a clue, other than to expect the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,892 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have a bad feeling it will be quite underwhelming with a sort of cliffhanger going into episode 4

Cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

My prediction:
    Theon dies defending Bran.
    Pod dies defending Brienne only for
    Brienne dies in Jamie's arms.
    Jorah dies defending Lyanna who survives as head of House Mormont.
    Dani dies tonight (she has become annoying in this season)
    Beric, Ghost, Edd, Varys all die tonight they have barely featured in the story so far and are clearly only still there as zombie fodder.
    Most of those in the Crypt die. Sam has to kill a Gilly zombie.
    Tyrion sacrifices himself to give Arya a chance to run and warn Jon that there are hundreds of the dead about to burst out of the Crypt.

Jamie survives tonight to kill Cersie and become a disillusioned head of the house Lannister.
    The Hound survives to kill the Mountain.
    Thormond survives to lead the wildings (he is the only wildings character left in the show so he has to survive to show them integrating into society in the last episode).
    Jon/Aegon survives and becomes King.
    Bran survives tonight and finishes the season fully absorbed into the Godswood trees.
    Gendry survives and becomes head of House Barethon.
    Ser Davos survives and it turns out he is the one telling the tale of the series as an old man in a tavern.
    Greyworm and Messandi survive and eventually go home to Narth and a peaceful life. Before that Greyworm pledges the Unsullied to Jon/Aegon for the battle at Kings Landing.

The Night King is defeated tonight and with him gone it returns to being a medieval story rather than a fantasy for the final 3 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I'd say theon is going to have a gruesome death.

Thormund to die to saving brienne.
    Brienne dies saving Jaime.

Davos to have a gruesome death at the hands of a child in the crypts. Something wrong is going to happen down there. Haven't a notion what.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Miose

I’m a bit concerned that it’s too predictable. The writers knew that we would all expect a big clear out of characters. The clever thing to do would be to turn that on its head and have us walk away after thinking ‘Well I never would have predicted that!’

I haven’t worked out what the ‘that’ is yet though.

Edit: I know what ‘that is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,238 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I'd say theon is going to have a gruesome death.

Thormund to die to saving brienne.
    Brienne dies saving Jaime.

Davos to have a gruesome death at the hands of a child in the crypts. Something wrong is going to happen down there. Haven't a notion what.

Don't you mean the big woman. His character has been so reduced to stupid comic relief. I'd like to see him survive and his role some what salvaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jorah
    Theon
    Greyworm
    Tyrion
    Ghost
    Varus
    Melissandre
    Davos
    Tormund
    Brienne
    Lyanna
    Gilly

And at least one dragon

Did anyone guess **** all?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Jesus, I was expecting some surprise deaths, but I was not expecting them to kill off the entire show.

That's why I love Game of Thrones.

This thread did not age well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

The Night King is still alive because the Night King is Bran. There's no way they'd let him go out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

The Night King, white walkers and wights all killed at Battle of Winterfell. Viserion to be resurrected by Milesandre and Jaime to kill Cersei!

I'm dreading this episode!

I was spot on, apart from the resurrection of Viserion obviously.

This thread did not age well.

Apparently even Ghost survived the battle. I don't know why they have bothered since they clearly don't want to do anything with the direwolves. Also both dragons have survived, in case anyone wasn't sure.

I think it was amusing that Sam's plot armour was so thick that he had 20 wights piled on him for several minutes and they couldn't make any headway.
    myshirt wrote: »
    The Night King is still alive because the Night King is Bran. There's no way they'd let him go out like that.

Like the Dorne conclusion and the zombie kidnap plot, you just have to accept it for what it is.

I think it was amusing that Sam's plot armour was so thick that he had 20 wights piled on him for several minutes and they couldn't make any headway.

The same zombies that wiped out thousands of Dothraki in less than a minute, and the same zombies that prowled their way through the Unsullied in seconds.

It still frustrates me that these characters were given a sending off episode (which even then pissed me off because it's GoT), and they are put in literally hopeless situations, but survive. What the fuk are they doing? If you want characters to survive, don't have them swarmed and then two scenes later show not even a wound.

The defenders claim that people just want deaths. No. Fuk that. We want some element of realism. We had main characters about to die one second and the next time we see them, nay worry. It's shlte writing. If you want them to survive, have better battle tactics so it's believable. They put trenches behind and artillery in front, and then had the gall to let it all be A-OK in the culminating battle of an 8,000-year setup. ****.

The fact they admitted that they had Arya kill the NK, just because it would be a surprise, is outrageous. It's horrendous fan-fic at this point. An epic fantasy story's plot-line being dictated by two arseholes' idea of what would be unexpected. What the fuk. Two decades undone by childish amateurs. I read better plots on Reddit every day. I've posted some predictions myself that far outdo this butchery.

The defenders claim that people just want deaths. No. Fuk that.

Hardhome had literally zero named character deaths and it was great. Now I wouldn't say the defenders there did an amazing job, but we were shown that they were completely unprepared for an attack (and were full of civilians).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

I know what died in this episode; my enthusiasm for ASoIaF/GoT. Will no doubt watch the last 3 episodes, which will more than likely be Deus ex Arya wins the day... I feel sorry for her character, being made into a plot device to get the fans excited.

****, this has made me sound like one of those incel nobheads! Now I feel like ****e.

Advertisement