Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiamoi FIMI X8 SE Drone - €386

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Flying limit altitude: 500m
    Is that the Norm for drones now?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Lenny wrote: »
    Flying limit altitude: 500m
    Is that the Norm for drones now?

Not quite what you asked but 120m is the legal limit in Ireland (in unrestricted airspace)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Tempted ........

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mackzee

i couldnt resist, being wanting this or mi 4k for a while. Bargain at that price!!

Went along and bought travel bag and spares aswell :o

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bullmccabe2010

What spares would you recommend when ordering this?
    Mackzee wrote: »
    i couldnt resist, being wanting this or mi 4k for a while. Bargain at that price!!

Went along and bought travel bag and spares aswell :o

• Advertisement

What spares would you recommend when ordering this?

I got some propellers and will be getting a battery on preorder

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

As with any drone purchase, you should look at some YouTube reviews. I'd recommend the below channel that I regularly check out and there is a number of videos on this model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

I'm looking at the A8 specifically because it has a full controller without the need for a phone.

Any good deals on that going?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Would this get stung by customs?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MJ434 wrote: »

Yes it would if they do all the proper paperwork with value of €400

Importing a product classified with HS Code 3808.99.1000 to IE from CN with a value of 400 EUR results in the following:
    Duty & Tax Charges

Duty: 24 EUR (Rate of 6 %)

VAT: 97.52 EUR (Rate of 23 %)

Total: 121.52 EUR

Your Total Landed Cost Calculation

Value of Goods: 400 EUR

Duty: 24 EUR

VAT: 97.52 EUR

Shipping: 0 EUR

Insurance: 0 EUR

Total: 521.52 EUR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I had seen some initial reviews of this drone and they werent favourable, didnt handle the wind and erractic motion. Check out youtube for up to date reviews, also there was a lot of people cancelling their orders as they kept on pushing the delivery dates out and out and out.

MJ434 wrote: »

someone claimed before that if you use the EU priority line that this would be avoided but it's not a guarantee and by law it should be paid.

Pique wrote: »
    I'm looking at the A8 specifically because it has a full controller without the need for a phone.

Any good deals on that going?

you mean the a3. there is no a8.

on banggood use coupon 5e5a6d to get it down to 252 us dollars. not going to get better than that.

https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-FIMI-A3-5_8G-1KM-FPV-With-2-axis-Gimbal-1080P-Camera-GPS-RC-Drone-Quadcopter-RTF-p-1368969.html?akmClientCountry=IE&rmmds=cart_middle_products&ID=533034&cur_warehouse=GWTR

glasso wrote: »
    someone claimed before that if you use the EU priority line that this would be avoided but it's not a guarantee and by law it should be paid.

Banggood said there will be no import tax when I ordered it because of EU priority line

Mackzee wrote: »
    Banggood said there will be no import tax when I ordered it because of EU priority line

cool. you asked them by chat/email?

that service must ship it into Europe at some location and then on to Ireland.

glasso wrote: »
    cool. you asked them by chat/email?

that service must ship it into Europe at some location and then on to Ireland.

I sent them an email about it.

Advertisement