Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn cutting charges

Options
  • 26-04-2019 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

What the going rate these days for cutting lawns....size dependant i presume?

is Grass disposal an extra charge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I'm sure it varies but I know of a €50 fee for about 45 minutes work, clippings left in suitable place in ditch. God be with the days when we used to get c£5 as a teenager for about two hours mowing thick grass, usually with a hand mower.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

*Bump

please anyone else know the going rates these days??

don't want to over-charge......don't want to under charge either

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I don't know the going rate.

Why don't you pose as a customer and ring around places you find locally, see what they quote you?

Are you a once off charger or trying to build a client base who you'll turn up for every 2 weeks (for example)? Charge accordingly.
    Or lastly just do all your calculations for equipment repayment, petrol, rate of pay you wish to give yourself, that should spit out a magic hourly rate for your work.
    Factor in winter being quiet. Equal income across the year is unlikely.

I went searching for a guy on youtube who did lawn care and he had a video up showing his charge rates but he's after shutting up shop and taking down all his videos. :(

Regardless, hope it goes well. Good luck out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dunno really, but obviously the main costs of the job for you are hardware, fixed overheads and travel time. The actual time the job takes is just about bottom of the list. With a good mower even a large suburban lawn is no more than a 20 minute job. The customer is paying for the sheer convenience of not having a mower or filling a brown bin with cuttings so you'd have to price in disposal and how you will remove grass from the site. My local authority charges 4 euro per sack of cuttings, though there are independent sites that take bio degradable waste in bulk for less.

example https://mulch.ie/products/garden-waste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

When my ride on is up on blocks I get charged 60 for approx 3000sqm. Clippings dumped on site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Sister is getting charged 70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

9935452 wrote: »
    Sister is getting charged 70

Cheaper to buy a lawn mower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We don't have any details though. Could be an acre and rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

EL_Loco wrote: »
    I don't know the going rate.

Why don't you pose as a customer and ring around places you find locally, see what they quote you?

Are you a once off charger or trying to build a client base who you'll turn up for every 2 weeks (for example)? Charge accordingly.
    Or lastly just do all your calculations for equipment repayment, petrol, rate of pay you wish to give yourself, that should spit out a magic hourly rate for your work.
    Factor in winter being quiet. Equal income across the year is unlikely.

I went searching for a guy on youtube who did lawn care and he had a video up showing his charge rates but he's after shutting up shop and taking down all his videos. :(

Regardless, hope it goes well. Good luck out there.

Are you taling about geek to freak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

My garden is .75 of an acre. 50 euro to cut and edges trimmed. Cuttings left in a composting area I have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I have 3.5 acres of grass.i use a tractor with a 10 ft wide mower :)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

Are you taling about geek to freak.

Yes, I was. Selling toys now apparently? Anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

30 euro. Cavan area. About .5 acre of grass. Takes about 30-40 mins. Grass dumped in compost area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

EL_Loco wrote: »
    Yes, I was. Selling toys now apparently? Anyways.

i used to follow greg. great guy. had some great business videos .
    some internet trolls and other lawn guys on you tube started stalking him and threatening him. taking pics outside his house etc.
    he gave the you tube lawn videos due to the stress nd to protect his 2 daughters.

then he started making wierd toy videos that were very creepy. a while back he was banned from you tube

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i see some guys advertise as being "fully insured" is that important to your average customer out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

My parents (OAPs, Carlow area, 1/3rd acre of lawn), get it done about every 2 weeks in summer. Guy with ride on charges 20e and done in about 30 mins. Leaves clippings on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

fryup wrote: »
    i see some guys advertise as being "fully insured" is that important to your average customer out there?

Not most, however, they will want you to pay for any damage you cause especially if it’s a window or a car! Public liability insurance gives you the peace of mind that if you damage something if high value then you are covered, I choose to have insurance which costs €700 ish and that gives me €1.3 million cover which is the lowest, I am also incredibly careful so as to hopefully not need to claim!

Advertisement