Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gps tracker

Options
  • 25-04-2019 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm looking to add an extra piece of security to my car.

What gps trackers are good?I'm looking for a pay as you go sim type if possible.
    I seen on some of them that they can be wired to fuel pump etc to kill/stop the car, so one with these feature would interest me.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Did you find a suitable one in the end? looking for a cheap one myself

They are for sale as cheap as 10 euros from UK (or adverts) but those really cheap ones don't seem to actually have real GPS - they just triangulate based on the cell towers its using - which can be a kilometer off.

Others rely on GPRS (2G) for messages which I dont know if still works or how expensive it is in Ireland to use? Or SIM messages.

Im looking for a low cost one with low yearly sim card fees that I can track in realtime on a webpage? Any ideas?

“Roll it back”

Advertisement