Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect score - Am I bovered?

Options
  • 25-04-2019 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭

I played yesterday in Carton House O'Meara course, away course for me, open comp. Rain was brutal, so cards stayed in pocket for last 4 holes & we agreed we would mark them when we came in. I was in the warmth first and marked my oppositions card up. I was drowned and just needed to get home asap for kids, so while I was waiting for opposition to come in with my card, I entered my score into computer (I had recorded it on the card I was marking). Was happy it was correct 33 points.

He came along as I was finishing up on computer, we swap cards and he just plonks his in the box ( & wrong box at that).... He thought I was entering his score :confused: Anyway, in the confusion he actually had his score marked on my card so we entered it from there into computer. Then he just fires my card in the box (correct one this time). I had signed it but I hadn't looked to make sure the score was correct. I know, I'm stupid, totally my fault :rolleyes:

Scores are on How Did I do today and it appears the club had adjusted the score I entered and have marked me down for a double on one hole and a point, when I actually had triple and a scratch. So I'm listed as 34 points.

Amazingly in the conditions CSS was 72 (-1), I'm assuming most people played earlier before the rains came and I'm miles away from any prizes. My 34 left me a ND of 3 off 12 so still outside buffer and .1 back. Fully processed now on golfnet.

So if I was in the prizes, I would most definitely have gotten onto them to make sure they corrected the mistake and DQ me. As it stands I don't see the point especially as it has been processed on golfnet.

I do wonder though can the scores be changed after they have been processed on golfnet? I know the club could control who they give the prizes to but if an incorrect score resulted in getting cut when you shouldn't of indeed getting or not getting a .1 back, can they be changed, especially if playing an away comp, or is it just left alone? Anyway, just me rambling my curiosity now... lesson learnt :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Similar happened me in the european club recently. I had been marked down as having 25pts, when in reality I had 38pts. Who do I contact to collect my prize? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

bovered?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Catherine Tate granny reference

Translates to "Am I bothered"

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement