Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snow Patrol Malahide Castle 7 June 2019

  • 24-04-2019 10:14pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭


    Bought herself tickets to see Snow Patrol in Malahide Castle, just looking at transport and accommodation options now and doesn't look too promising - she will be 6 months pregnant by the time it comes around so really looking for a quick exit afterwards.

    Seems to be almost no accommodation locally and reading that it's near impossible to get a taxi afterwards?

    What time do the Malahide gigs usually finish up?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭The Davestator


    hoody wrote: »
    Bought herself tickets to see Snow Patrol in Malahide Castle, just looking at transport and accommodation options now and doesn't look too promising - she will be 6 months pregnant by the time it comes around so really looking for a quick exit afterwards.

    Seems to be almost no accommodation locally and reading that it's near impossible to get a taxi afterwards?

    What time do the Malahide gigs usually finish up?

    In time for the last DART if thats an option.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer


    buses, DARTs, pre-book a taxi, drive, get a lift after...

    it'll finish between 10:30-11


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!


    Michael Buble is in the 3 Arena so thats making hotels scarce
    I have Malahide Castle booked -might be worthwhile checking there to see if they get any cancellations?


  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody


    dragonfly! wrote: »
    Michael Buble is in the 3 Arena so thats making hotels scarce
    I have Malahide Castle booked -might be worthwhile checking there to see if they get any cancellations?

    Cheers, I booked Croke Park Hotel, nearest place that wasn't €€€. Do you know is it much of a walk from the venue to Malahide village, and any good spots for a post-gig pint or two?


  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83


    Hmmm......this is very interesting. Think I might book flights! Why does it say 5 pm as the time?!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude


    Maybe tell the audience to shut up this time so that they can hear the band, I remember listening to the Oxegen broadcast probably either 2007 or 2008 when they were doing Chasing Cars and the audience sang the song which defeats the purpose of listening to the band doing it.

    If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)



  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox


    hoody wrote: »
    Cheers, I booked Croke Park Hotel, nearest place that wasn't €€€. Do you know is it much of a walk from the venue to Malahide village, and any good spots for a post-gig pint or two?

    About 15-20 minutes walk under normal circumstances. Good town for a pint. Gibenys, Duffy’s, Fowler’s and Wrights are the four pubs. All very close to each other.

    Did you try hotels/B&Bs in Portmarnock? It’s very close by.


  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red


    Maybe tell the audience to shut up this time so that they can hear the band, I remember listening to the Oxegen broadcast probably either 2007 or 2008 when they were doing Chasing Cars and the audience sang the song which defeats the purpose of listening to the band doing it.

    Ah sure its only one song and i was even there for it. I dont see the big issue with the crowd singing along with their favourite songs , is that not the point of going to a gig?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery


    Ah sure its only one song and i was even there for it. I dont see the big issue with the crowd singing along with their favourite songs , is that not the point of going to a gig?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AlSnTcet4U

    I was there too, ah there's something magic about the whole crowd singing along though.

    Lookin forward to this gig, the one before Christmas was class, hope the weather picks up from todays misery!

    Hopefully there's a good crowd. Seems to be a mad push on tickets everywhere but i'm assuming it's cos they've a pretty large capacity?

    Any idea about stage times or could ye guess based on previous Malahide gigs? Bit of a trek on a Friday after work.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!


    Shlippery wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AlSnTcet4U

    I was there too, ah there's something magic about the whole crowd singing along though.

    Lookin forward to this gig, the one before Christmas was class, hope the weather picks up from todays misery!

    Hopefully there's a good crowd. Seems to be a mad push on tickets everywhere but i'm assuming it's cos they've a pretty large capacity?

    Any idea about stage times or could ye guess based on previous Malahide gigs? Bit of a trek on a Friday after work.


    Big Big push on tickets - its a large venue and they have played here a lot in the last year
    They also only played Ward Park the end of May circa 30,000 people

    They came on about 9 / 9.15 then


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9


    Weather forecast looks a bit ****e for tomorrow night.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er


    Light rain from 6pm buzzing.. Get the wellys out


  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic


    Have times been announced yet???


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er


    oLoonatic wrote: »
    Have times been announced yet???

    Nope, I'm guessing 7.30 kooks and 9 snow patrol


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993


    Do you think Kooks will be 7:30 then? Trying to guess what time to arrive into Malahide on the Dart at.

    Coming from Ashtown train station it's a bit of a bollocks timewise.

    Looking at the forecast we might get lucky with no rain! Is malahide castle a mess in wet weather i.e should you wear rough shoes?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭BadTurtle


    I wouldnt think itd be too bad. Its quite spacious as a gig set up, and seeing as the gig hasnt sold out Id say itd be ok for the most part. The spot directly in front of the stage will cut up, but the ways in and out and general open area of the arena should all be fine.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery


    :: �������� ������������ ���������� ���������� ::

    Friday June 7th
    / 17:00 - Gates
    / 17:30 - @DavidKeenanMuso
    / 18:30 - @GabrielleAplin
    / 19:45 - @TheKooksmusic
    / 21:00 - @SnowPatrol


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993


    Cheers!
    Shlippery wrote: »
    :: �������� ������������ ���������� ���������� ::

    Friday June 7th
    / 17:00 - Gates
    / 17:30 - @DavidKeenanMuso
    / 18:30 - @GabrielleAplin
    / 19:45 - @TheKooksmusic
    / 21:00 - @SnowPatrol


  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done


    Anyone heard any news / see any pics from the gig?

    Not interested in how it went, just hoping they don't mess up the ground for tomorrow :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery


    Ben Done wrote: »
    Anyone heard any news / see any pics from the gig?

    Not interested in how it went, just hoping they don't mess up the ground for tomorrow :)

    It's fine, mighty fine dry evening!! And a great gig at that too ðŸ˜


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er


    Cracking gig good setlist band flying form and the bar not to bad either


  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField


    Great gig, really enjoyed it. They sounded great and played all the classics. The Kooks were good too albeit with a slightly dead crowd. :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery


    We got lucky as well, seems they've had to cancel next few gigs...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Byh46PjhQT6/
    Nathan did his hand in.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!


    Shlippery wrote: »
    We got lucky as well, seems they've had to cancel next few gigs...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Byh46PjhQT6/
    Nathan did his hand in.


    Yes he hurt it at the gig in Dublin / after the gig
    as they cut their set short in Belgium the next day as he was in so much pain

    Worried when he doesnt have any movement in it
    hopefully no lasting injuries


Advertisement