Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etihad

Options
  • 24-04-2019 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone would have any idea as to how I can proceed with an issue I have with Etihad Airways?

In November 2018 they ruined a suitcase of mine and after emails bouncing back and forth they eventually agreed to compensate me.This was back in January 2019 and to date they still haven’t paid me.

I have sent numerous to the baggage claims email address and also to their customer service email address .Its reached the stage now where they are completely ignoring my emails.Ive even emailed their Vice President of Customer Experience and their CEO and absolutely no response. I’ve also rang but no one will deal with a baggage claim inquiry over the phone.

Does anyone know is there some sort of aviation body that I can escalate this complaint to?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Google United Breaks Guitars. Not a practical suggestion but the story might make you smile.

Also note the savvy use of social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

johnire wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone would have any idea as to how I can proceed with an issue I have with Etihad Airways?

In November 2018 they ruined a suitcase of mine and after emails bouncing back and forth they eventually agreed to compensate me.This was back in January 2019 and to date they still haven’t paid me.

I have sent numerous to the baggage claims email address and also to their customer service email address .Its reached the stage now where they are completely ignoring my emails.Ive even emailed their Vice President of Customer Experience and their CEO and absolutely no response. I’ve also rang but no one will deal with a baggage claim inquiry over the phone.

Does anyone know is there some sort of aviation body that I can escalate this complaint to?

Thanks

not sure if this would be suitable for the small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

not sure if this would be suitable for the small claims court.

Would probably run into jurisdictional issues sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

If you're based in Dublin, their head office is just off Baggot Street in Rogers lane, you could call in there in person. Alternatively contact the London office on Hammersmith Road, they're over both the UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

Thanks so much. I didn’t realise that. I’ll investigate!!
    Time wrote: »
    If you're based in Dublin, their head office is just off Baggot Street in Rogers lane, you could call in there in person. Alternatively contact the London office on Hammersmith Road, they're over both the UK and Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Thanks so much. I didn’t realise that. I’ll investigate!!

Johnire

How did you get on ! I got a insulting offer of $50 for my damaged luggage which is only one year old , cost €275 . That means I have to buy a new luggage for €200 .. €475 I paid and got only $50 for a damage they did not I . I’m not going to take that offer .

Hello there.
    I got €131 after waiting 7 months.
    They are an absolute nightmare to deal with. They really don’t seem to care. I haven’t and never will fly with them again.
    Good luck disputing the claim- I think you’re dead right to but I imagine it will be an uphill battle!
    Best of luck.
    Johnire

How did you get on ! I got a insulting offer of $50 for my damaged luggage which is only one year old , cost €275 . That means I have to buy a new luggage for €200 .. €475 I paid and got only $50 for a damage they did not I . I’m not going to take that offer .

Hello there.
    I got €131 after waiting 7 months.
    They are an absolute nightmare to deal with. They really don’t seem to care. I haven’t and never will fly with them again.
    Good luck disputing the claim- I think you’re dead right to but I imagine it will be an uphill battle!
    Best of luck.

I will take as long as yours or even longer , money is no matter to me but it is principles I’m fighting for . They willfully damage my luggage , I will not let them get away with it . ( Johnire ; did you go to their office at baggot st )

I agree 100% with you. It’s shocking what they think they can get away with.
    No I didn’t go to the office but I did send a letter there and it was returned marked “gone away”.
    I just kept bombarding them with emails and ok eventually they did pay up. Your case however is even more complicated as you’re (rightly so) disputing the amount.
    I will take as long as yours or even longer , money is no matter to me but it is principles I’m fighting for . They willfully damage my luggage , I will not let them get away with it . ( Johnire ; did you go to their office at baggot st )

I agree 100% with you. It’s shocking what they think they can get away with.
    No I didn’t go to the office but I did send a letter there and it was returned marked “gone away”.
    I just kept bombarding them with emails and ok eventually they did pay up. Your case however is even more complicated as you’re (rightly so) disputing the amount.

Hello . Just giving an update , I finally got the money , $150 , I took it , it’s better than the first offer $50 . Got the second offer on the next day of the refusal of $50 . I accept it in the next day , got it into my bank account today , I didn’t want to say here until I got the money , they said it will be in my account within 14 days but I got it in 25 days .. like you , I had to bombard them with emails . Thanks for your advice , it helps .

• Advertisement

Well done!! That’s brilliant. They are absolutely dire-zero level of customer service. I will never travel with them again.
    Be safe.
    Hello . Just giving an update , I finally got the money , $150 , I took it , it’s better than the first offer $50 . Got the second offer on the next day of the refusal of $50 . I accept it in the next day , got it into my bank account today , I didn’t want to say here until I got the money , they said it will be in my account within 14 days but I got it in 25 days .. like you , I had to bombard them with emails . Thanks for your advice , it helps .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MKelly1122

Well done for persevering with them.

Advertisement