Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Society Registration

Options
  • 24-04-2019 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭

We have a society going for the last 5 years, and I rang the European this morning to organise one of our outings. Price was very reasonable (similar to the boards society) but was on condition we are a GUI Society.

Is this to ensure we are Irish and registered golfers (we all have club GUI's anyhow).

Is this the norm? First time I've ever been asked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

TBH I didn't think societies bothered registering with GUI anymore these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Seve OB wrote: »
    TBH I didn't think societies bothered registering with GUI anymore these days

Yeah, what I'm hearing is there's no benefit (other than in this case a cheap green fee). Rang GUI and they're sending out forms. Might be their policy to stop tour operators calling 20 Americans an Irish society and avoiding the €250 fee, or even charging the full whack to the group and then paying €60:eek:.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

In my society we've been paying the GUI fees since inception but stopped since last year as no understandable benefit and no club has queried are we GUI affiliated so we ain't bothered and happy with the savings

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement