Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zaconey

• 24-04-2019 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Anyone know is this discontinued??

Nothing online about it since 2016 but it's still in a lot of pubs and still in dunnes

Comments

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Anyone know is this discontinued??

Nothing online about it since 2016 but it's still in a lot of pubs and still in dunnes

Hasn't been available to order for a few weeks now, so probably delisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

I'm looking for some at present as I am out of it at home. I managed to get two bottles in a Centra shop in Waterford last month which were on the shelf and it was all they had.
    Can't find it online anywhere? Such a great drink

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Bluezar wrote: »
    I'm looking for some at present as I am out of it at home. I managed to get two bottles in a Centra shop in Waterford last month which were on the shelf and it was all they had.
    Can't find it online anywhere? Such a great drink

Ya it's really a shame, the only place I can seem to get it now is in my local pub. all out in dunnes and other shops/off licenses...

If they had marketed it to be mixed with club lemon, they would have made a killing, it's fupping delicious :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Probably not ideal but Supervalu in Buncrana has some still. Maybe check other Supervalu's? They might be able to get some in if there is stock left at the warehouse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irish_goat wrote: »
    Probably not ideal but Supervalu in Buncrana has some still. Maybe check other Supervalu's? They might be able to get some in if there is stock left at the warehouse.
    That's one of the franchise ones, though. AFAIK they stock themselves independently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Sorry to drag up an old thread but would anyone have an idea on how make up something similar to Zaconey.
    It's getting harder to source lately and tbh I think it's somewhat overpriced.
    I'm useless when it comes to flavours and all I think I know is that it is made with bourbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LemonChicken47

Italix wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but would anyone have an idea on how make up something similar to Zaconey.
    It's getting harder to source lately and tbh I think it's somewhat overpriced.
    I'm useless when it comes to flavours and all I think I know is that it is made with bourbon.

Did you ever find anything?
    Lockdown has me reminiscing about it haha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The claim by Irish Distillers was that it was Bourbon with Irish (likely the cheapest pure grain possible) whiskey with a 'berry twist'

Never actually drunk it, but I'd suggest a cheap bourbon, something like Bushmills White that is heavily IDL grain based, a pile of sugar and some dark berry cordials might get you along the right path.

Advertisement