Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rechargeable batteries not recharging

Options
  • 24-04-2019 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Got LED torch. Putting the batteries into the recharger but all I'm getting is two red constant lights. They are like this overnight. No charge. Not working in the torch. Anyone can advise what's wrong or what I can do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,145 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Turn them round the right way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Grayson wrote:
    Turn them round the right way?

Yes. That's done. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Sounds like they're not very rechargeable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I remember using a charger once that had a charge and a test mode. Check for a toggle switch somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

mikhail wrote:
    I remember using a charger once that had a charge and a test mode. Check for a toggle switch somewhere.

Will do. The two red lights mean that they are recharging, is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

bobbyss wrote: »
    They are like this overnight. No charge.

Are you positive?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Moved to Electronics section, please take note of the charter for this section.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What type of batteries ?

Lithium die if totally discharged. Which is guaranteed unless either the batteries or torch has special circuitry to prevent this. Cheap ones don't

NiCAD last forever unless one of the cells is drained and you keep using the torch , the current from the other cells will kill it.

Not sure if the same happens with NiMH

Some smart chargers won't start charging if the battery is totally dead, so you have to use a dumb charger for few minutes first. Go Figure.

Advertisement