Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead To Me [Netflix]

• 24-04-2019 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Premise wrote:
    A series about a powerful friendship that blossoms between a tightly wound widow (Christina Applegate) and a free spirit (Linda Cardellini) with a shocking secret.

Christina Applegate returns to TV, with a dark comedy series, executive produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. Married...With Children, Jesse, Samantha Who?, Up All Night...I've liked most series starring Applegate. I like Cardellini, too. Cast also includes James Marsden.

Netflix releases the 10-episode season, May 3rd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,591 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Likely is Will Ferrell and Adam McKay last project together

I like the cast

Loved this! Very like big little lies but not as dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Loved this! Very like big little lies but not as dark.
    It has some good moments but it's really not great in moving the plot development forward. Still, only 10 shorter episodes. Leads work very well and everyone swears. So what more do you want from Netflix? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Already exists

Just finished watching this. Very easy viewing but really enjoyable. Any word yet on if there's going to be a season 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I’m enjoying it. I like the 2 female leads. I love Dark humour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,709 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I finished this. I thought it was a very good watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Ah a dark comedy7? I may watch, didn't realise Ithought it was a thriller drama type thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quality veered wildly through the season to be honest..

.. sometimes excellent but more often than not, middle of the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Up to episode 5 really like it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I gave up on this around episode 5 or 6, I was just watching it waiting for it to get better. There were some great moments but the stuff in between was painful at times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Series 2 coming on 8th of May :)
    Really looking forward to it, thought the first series was one of the better things I watched last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

I'm watching season 2 now, still pretty entertaining! The
    twist with James Marsden playing Steve's twin is pretty ridiculous
    but it's a very "go with the flow" kind of show, I just like watching Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini bounce off each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I am LOVING this, even better than S1 I think. Just at the part where Judy finds out who someone's housemate is ... oh my goodness! :D

So finished this over the course of two nights. It's highly enjoyable and very watchable, but I don't think it lived up to the first series. Don't doubt we'll be getting a third though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

It's a really easy, bingable watch which is the perfect recipe for a Netflix show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This show is fine but it's just making me remember how much better "Santa Clarita Diet" was - being it was in a similar vein of a dark comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Nah definitely didn't live upto season 1. First season was imo way funnier. Too much crying and whining in this season. Some funny bits but definitely not a good as season 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Oh dear. The end of episode 1/start of episode 2.

Shark jumping for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I got the impression they did that (
    Steve's twin brother
    ) to screw with the audience, to make us go "you what?"I think the main attraction is seeing those two lead actresses bouncing off each other. Applegate is known for over-the-top comedy such as Married With Children and The Sweetest Thing, while here she has to dial it way back, and as a result she manages to speak volumes with a raised eyebrow or a muttered "OK". :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

The show has been officially renewed for a third and final season. (Link contains spoilers for the end of season 2.)

— Kingsley Amis

Good, looking forward to that. I thought the first was excellent but the second unremarkable, will be interesting to see where they take it with a clear end goal in sight.

Trailer for the final season is finally here:

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement