Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pathways to Veterinary Medicine

• 23-04-2019 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hello, I am currently a first year (third level) science student. I am 22 years old. My original plan was to complete my 4 year degree and trying to get into the five-year graduate entry course (DN300) in UCD.

I don't want to waste anymore time. I was wondering if anyone would know a faster route to becoming a vet. Would being an undergrad help in anyway?

I would consider moving abroad. I am aware Hungary is a popular spot. Would there be any access ways in Scotland or England?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

Hello, I am currently a first year (third level) science student. I am 22 years old. My original plan was to complete my 4 year degree and trying to get into the five-year graduate entry course (DN300) in UCD.

I don't want to waste anymore time. I was wondering if anyone would know a faster route to becoming a vet. Would being an undergrad help in anyway?

I would consider moving abroad. I am aware Hungary is a popular spot. Would there be any access ways in Scotland or England?

Thanks,

Hi op, I know Poland is another route people go to study veterinary medicine. The graduate route in Ireland is prohibitively expensive for a lot of people. I don’t understand why it is more expensive when the 5 year route is in with the undergraduate class.

Very frustrating actually as a lot of people can’t resit the leaving certificate but then can’t afford the fees but would make excellent vets I’m sure.

Advertisement