Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish eye effect on Go Pro

Options
  • 23-04-2019 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭

I've been looking into Go Pro.

All the footage I see online has varying degrees of fish eye effect.

Can a Go Pro shoot as a normal camcorder with the curved look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Can a Go Pro shoot as a normal camcorder with the curved look?

Assume you mean without.

Yes, you can use superview or a non wide mode to greatly reduce fisheye but it will get less in the shot. If you're doing action sports this will make shake worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

ED E wrote: »
    Assume you mean without.

Yes, you can use superview or a non wide mode to greatly reduce fisheye but it will get less in the shot. If you're doing action sports this will make shake worse.

Yes, sorry I meant without.

So you can only reduce the fish eye but not shoot something that looks normal?

I don't understand how people like eking at that. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Like all photo and video it depends what you are shooting and you should adjust to what suits. Linear mode is prob what your looking or to remove that "gopro look" and Premier pro has a built in preset to straighten the footage in post if you want. The digital stabilisation in the 7 has taken a lot of the shake out of gopro footage on narrower FoV's

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Linear:

Superview:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

The GoPro is obviously not what I need so thank you both for helping out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement