Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La marzocco linea mini

Options
  • 23-04-2019 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Thinking of buying one of these, a bit steep at just over 4k but apparently they're bullet proof and can be rebuilt quite easily. A lot of indepent coffee shops use la marzocco so I think getting it serviced wouldn't be too difficult either.

As opposed to my current machine (Izzo Alex Duetto II) third time breaking down in the last 12 months, only one person I can find to fix it and he seems to just bandage it up (it's down with the same problem as before).

So does anyone have a la morzocoo linea mini, what was their experience of it and any advice on best dealers would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Seems overpriced. It's so obscure I think you would have even more trouble getting something like that repaired if it went wrong.

I bought a Quickmill as they also have an excellent reputation for longevity. You see machines they made in the 70's on eBay that are still working or have been refurbished. Most of their machines are a lot cheaper and parts are readily obtainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

I think it's because it's pretty much a commercial grade domestic machine. I was thinking about going mid range, the likes of the rocket r58 etc but the reviews from the la marzocco are pretty amazing (machine for life sorta thing). I now know of two locals that service these exclusively which is pretty great for me too, Im not into doing it myself as I simply do not have the skilset.

There's one on display with coffee culture so may organise a viewing and have a play about to see if its the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I looked at some commercial units but the thought of having to plumb them to a permanent water connection and the long heat up times effectively meaning you have to leave them on, put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

There is a reservoir with this, if plumbing I'd prob have to go one further and put in a filter before hitting the machine, Reverse osmosis or some such to keep machine in good condition. Id be leaning towards leaving it on, atleast the brew boiler.

Advertisement