Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you hit golf balls anywhere for fun?

Options
  • 22-04-2019 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

But not on a golf course of course

I wouldnt mind trying to see if I could ping golf balls at the roof of the Sydney opera house with my 9 iron. I think there is a green patch around 160 yards away from it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I wouldnt mind trying to see if I could ping golf balls at the roof of the Sydney opera house with my 9 iron. I think there is a green patch around 160 yards away from it.

I think you might be looking at that 9 upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Played a good bit of park golf as a young lad .

They wouldn't let me in a club. :p

Anyway

Gaa pitches
    Football pitches
    Gardens
    Fields .

One field we played in was only about 180 yrds wide .

A slice could genuinely hit a bus . One outrageously long player used to aim at any bus that came.

Back to topic.

Played in a few hotel rooms
    A beach

I suppose playing on the moon wins.

Next step Mars

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Irishdaywalker

I used to go to a local GAA pitch and hit balls from one goal and try hit it over the bar at the other end! there may have been need for Hawk eye back then ! :)

remember these lads over from the US for work had a great apartment on the quays near temple bar arch.

there were one or two drunken evenings where a few chip shots from the living room out the window, over the road and into the liffey were executed, or sometimes not so well executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Bragging are ye. You wouldn't be getting there with a 9 iron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Gaa pitches
    Football pitches
    Gardens
    Fields

I'm a northsider too :rolleyes: I may have been on some of those fields with you years ago. A conversation for another time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

where I gre up in a suburban estate we would play the length of the road to the field at the bottom. someone would keep sketch for any cars coming. we actually had a nice little course planned throughout the estate :eek:
    we hit a few balls in places we shouldn't but best left untold on a public forum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

A guy I know used to host a golf tournament in his Farm in Kildare for charity. He'd 'create' the course around the house, cut a few small greens. And people would come and play the course over a weekend.

Mental but brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Paul Mcginley was on the late late saying that he's setting up a little course in croke Park. That should be interesting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Paul Mcginley was on the late late saying that he's setting up a little course in croke Park. That should be interesting.

Should do a Tee box on the roof walkway at canal end playing onto a green in the centre circle. Where do I send my invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Should do a Tee box on the roof walkway at canal end playing onto a green in the centre circle. Where do I send my invoice?

To the FAI?!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭patob

On a quiet beach when the tide is out, great practice for links and tight lies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I live out the country and there’s a large bog beside me. After it’s all cleared the long banks are an ideal driving range!!

Advertisement