Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

courses?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Where you planning on doing the follow up course done in practice or only watch a set of youtube videos (i.e. the one you linked)?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SHELDON88

I'm considering the professional dog grooming course...the one in the link

Nody wrote: »
    Where you planning on doing the follow up course done in practice or only watch a set of youtube videos (i.e. the one you linked)?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

SHELDON88 wrote: »
    I'm considering the professional dog grooming course...the one in the link
    Which is purely an online youtube series which is suppose to:
    By completing this course prior to the practical course we can get stuck in to the practical side of grooming straight away as all students will then be on the same level when it comes to the basics of dog grooming. It also means that prior to enrolling on the practical course you will have the opportunity to get your head around what happens in a grooming parlour to eliminate the fear of the unknown.
    Now I don't own a dog but someone walking into a grooming shop stating I've watch a series of youtube videos and I'm now ready to do the real thing would probably not get the most positive of responses. They can fancy it up all they want but in the end we're talking about you watching a series of videos without any supervision or follow up here and paying 400 EUR for the pleasure. I'm not a groomer and the best advice would be to approach a local groomer about it but my initial reaction is it's wasted money unless you're planning the practical follow up course which this is intended for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Not sure this will help, but as someone who depends on the service our favourite groomer provides I can say categorically that under no circumstances would I entrust my dogs to someone who learned how to groom via some uTube course.

Grooming for a lot of dogs can be as stressful as going to the vets so compassion and patience is a must as well as kindness & professionalism, none of which you will learn via uTube.

Also asfaik to be a professional groomer you need guilds accreditation (open to correction on that).

No harm in watching videos to get an idea but you will be need to gain practical experience.

Advertisement