Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charity Tractor Run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Or sponsor them not to drive across the country.
    "Make a donation or I'll drive my tractor to Wesport."
    Here, have a tenner!

I did spend the day travelling around Kerry and W Cork for pleasure. So also guilty. At least not in a belching diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

Or sponsor them not to drive across the country.
    "Make a donation or I'll drive my tractor to Wesport."
    Here, have a tenner!

I did spend the day travelling around Kerry and W Cork for pleasure. So also guilty. At least not in a belching diesel.

Diesel produces less carbon than petrol, so your car is worse for the climate.

Diesel produces far more particulates, which are extremely bad for people in the local environment, which is why it is bad Karma to drive a diesel in urban areas. Driving a diesel out in the country is a lot less harmful.

(Main roads and motorways are a grey area, especially if a lot of housing around them. So diesel on a country road>motorway>> old main road going through towns>>> driving a diesel in a city/town)>

Diesel produces less carbon than petrol, so your car is worse for the climate.

Diesel produces far more particulates, which are extremely bad for people in the local environment, which is why it is bad Karma to drive a diesel in urban areas. Driving a diesel out in the country is a lot less harmful.

(Main roads and motorways are a grey area, especially if a lot of housing around them. So diesel on a country road>motorway>> old main road going through towns>>> driving a diesel in a city/town)>

I understand the diesel/petrol, urban/distance CO2/particulates trade-off.
    I don't want to have to resort to using a diesel for short or urban journeys. I don't even want to own a bloody diesel actually!
    My response to CO2 concerns is to leave the car at home when I can - esp for local journeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

I understand the diesel/petrol, urban/distance CO2/particulates trade-off.
    I don't want to have to resort to using a diesel for short or urban journeys. I don't even want to own a bloody diesel actually!
    My response to CO2 concerns is to leave the car at home when I can - esp for local journeys.

You hid your understanding well, since you boasted not using a "belching diesel" around Kerry and West Cork which is not a "short or urban journey".

Although if your username is accurate you are probably a fairly low-carbon traveller and I shouldn't be at you.

You hid your understanding well, since you boasted not using a "belching diesel" around Kerry and West Cork which is not a "short or urban journey".

Although if your username is accurate you are probably a fairly low-carbon traveller and I shouldn't be at you.

Probably the opposite to boasting, i'd say. I mentioned I wasn't blameless when it came to burning fossil fuel.
    A daily concern is the particulates I'm breathing so I choose to minimise the amount my driving causes to emit.

Advertisement